2019 class predictions. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2019 class predictions.

Curiosity, where does it say that Kai Jones is more interested in Syracuse than any of the other 34 schools that have offered him?
It doesn’t but we’ve had good success with his prep school, and I believe he was quoted as saying something about fitting in really well at Cuse at his position

I already made a prediction of Goodine, Girard, Akok and Q Wahab. But the center position should be the number ONE priority. Chewy could be done after this season, and Sidibe is still a bit of an unknown (albeit talented) commodity with a health concern. Just gotta gotta gotta land a good big.SUball

It doesn’t but we’ve had good success with his prep school, and I believe he was quoted as saying something about fitting in really well at Cuse at his position
okay, that is something I had not heard or read him saying.

My prediction:
Goodine
Akok
Girard
Wahab

I'd love to get Stewart over Wahab, but if the above ends up happening I'd be very pleased with the class. I'd also rather have Guerrier over Girard, but if Girard is needed to lure Stewart, then bring in Joe!

Guerrier is not coming to SU.

No inside knowledge just feel it in my gut.
Gotchya...didnt known if you knew something or not because it seemed like a pretty authoritative post. It seems like we have been in a decent position with him but the way things have been for us the past couple years it wouldn't surprise me to lose out on anyone these days.

I still say we have no shot with Stewart even with JG3. I hope I’m wrong.
Jg3 would be a fun player to have much like gmac, I just don’t love a couple of midgets at the top of the zone.

Gotchya...didnt known if you knew something or not because it seemed like a pretty authoritative post. It seems like we have been in a decent position with him but the way things have been for us the past couple years it wouldn't surprise me to lose out on anyone these days.
I kinda thought he knew what we didn’t. Scared tihs outta me. Let’s keep hoping he comes.

Based on what i am hearing from several sources

Goodline
Girard
Akok
QG &/or another top 100 forward, cannot put his name here, don't ask me
Stewart and/or K.Jones and/or Wahab

We are in the game w/ Stewart, i agree w/ u all, find it hard to believe
And if any of the 3 bigs fall thru, we do have a few back-up options

Carey and Bras looking GOOD

Tyus, Frank, Oshae, Marek, Chuk all leave, how many do we have open?

Goodline
Girard
Akok

Marek leaving would be terrible.

But if that were to happen, we'd have:

Jalen Carey
Bourama Sidibe
Robert Braswell
Buddy Boeheim
Elijah Hughes
Howard Washington

Meaning we'd have 7 left to give (by my calculation, we are back to a full 13 in 2019-20.).

Goodine is one. So basically we could accept 6 more commitments if that's the case. 5 if Marek returns.

Goodline
Girard
Akok

Everyone seems to be in agreement with goodine
Girard
Akok
Guerrier (like mentioned before he has a very close friendship with luguentz so hopefully our school/staff/prestige trumps that.)

Again no mention of kofi so I'm going to assume we are out of the running with him. Stewart, jones, and wahab are all good options but obviously its 1-3 in the pecking order I would think. Jones definitely has serious upside tho and Stewart would be like landing the trophy fish! Wahab would be a excellent option if we strike out on the first 2.

You said not to ask so I won't but its definitely interesting to see there's another top 100 wing that we are a serious player in their recruitment because I dont recall seeing any mention of that. I would love if that player was Precious but I'm thinking it's not. Also interesting that u dont mention kahlil whitney...lot of people thought we were serious contenders for him and hes getting ready to release his top 8 soon.

Things are starting to heat up and should get real fun from here on out! Appreciate the insight!

Bottom Line - Cuse is back on the circuit, the handcuffs are off and clarity of JB has all contributed to positive momentum, we will have 2-3 years of it (19 & 20 and maybe 21), then it starts over again re JB retirement, goes hand in hand w/ Buddy 4 years, he is not sitting out this year (last i heard)

Marek leaving would be terrible.

But if that were to happen, we'd have:

Jalen Carey
Bourama Sidibe
Robert Braswell
Buddy Boeheim
Elijah Hughes
Howard Washington

Meaning we'd have 7 left to give (by my calculation, we are back to a full 13 in 2019-20.).

Goodine is one. So basically we could accept 6 more commitments if that's the case. 5 if Marek returns.

Marek is not 100% leaving, but you never know, i take it back, we should keep him on the list for 2019, as long as his his girlfriend keeps doing what she is doing......

Thanks for the info SU Dreaming much appreciated. Certainly is trending towards Goodine, Akok, Girard and Guerrier, which would be awesome if we can close. Any insight as to when decisions will start to be made, do these kids want to announce in Sept?

I'm revising mine from Goodine, Girard, Akok and Wahab to:

Goodine, Girard, Akok and Ajak

Everything outside of Goodine is speculation and conjecture. Let the coaching staff do their best and be happy with what they are able to produce.

No one else is going to bring any recruits to Syracuse. Let them do their work.

That said and just in today, Autry is coaching a US team on a European tour for the near term.

Everything outside of Goodine is speculation and conjecture. Let the coaching staff do their best and be happy with what they are able to produce.

No one else is going to bring any recruits to Syracuse. Let them do their work.

That said and just in today, Autry is coaching a US team on a European tour for the near term.

Any of our recruiting targets on that team?

More about Bras please.

I know this is about class of 2019 but I am intrigued with this recruit and think he was incredibly underrated due to less exposure

Revised guess #3:

Goodine, Girard, Guerrier, and Ajak.

I'm guessing that Akok's publicly may hurt us here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom