2019 class | Syracusefan.com

2019 class

Chalupa_24

Starter
just want to see what everybody’s thoughts are on who they would like to see us target in the 19 class rather if we are looking at them or not. And who you also think we end up signing from loses to the draft and seniors leaving.

I'm just concerned with recruiting in general and have been.

Our margin for error is very small when getting these guys and we've had some misses.

Out of the top 100, how many are them are in the region we recruit, how many of those in the region are long and lanaky, how many long and lanky are in our region that don't mind playing zone?

We're defeating ourselves by limiting the top 100 right off the bat and I think that's been the problem.

I'm just concerned with recruiting in general and have been.

Our margin for error is very small when getting these guys and we've had some misses.

Out of the top 100, how many are them are in the region we recruit, how many of those in the region are long and lanaky, how many long and lanky are in our region that don't mind playing zone?

We're defeating ourselves by limiting the top 100 right off the bat and I think that's been the problem.

I don’t think we should have a region. Yeah it helps with easier trips and what not but there is plenty of kids “not in our region” that are Cuse quality seeing that we aren’t bringing in amazing talents that we won’t even look at because they are to far away from us. And with all the recruiting programs like img and MV in Florida and we won’t recruit Florida. And just because a recruit Isn’t on a mainstream playing games on tv in Hs he isn’t for us.

we do not need many players, for sure we do not need any guards

we do not need many players, for sure we do not need any guards

Were going to need at least 2 forwards and 1 Center and maybe even a PF/C type. Guards should be fine with Hopefully Carey, Hughes, Goodine, Washington, and BB. Hughes and Buddy should be able to play the 3 and hopefully Dolezaj comes back for his Jr year.

Were going to need at least 2 forwards and 1 Center and maybe even a PF/C type. Guards should be fine with Hopefully Carey, Hughes, Washington, and BB. Hughes should be able to play the 3 and hopefully Dolezaj comes back for his Jr year.

Say Carey has a good season and leaves for some reason. Frank leaves then you have Hughes and B.B. not many believe in Hughes. I hope for the sake of the team he is what we think he is but he could be hot trash

Say Carey has a good season and leaves for some reason. Frank leaves then you have Hughes and B.B. not many believe in Hughes. I hope for the sake of the team he is what we think he is but he could be hot trash

If multiple people leave you look at a late recruit or perhaps a Grad Transfer. You have to let things play out first though.

Do you think buddy RS?

If SU doesn't add anyone else I doubt he red-shirts. JB can use him when SU goes small but needs some shooting or one of Brisette or Dolezaj is in foul trouble and they need someone at the 3. Could see a 5 of Howard Carey BB, Brisette or Doezaj and Chukwu. Could also see a lineup of Carey at the point with BB at the 2, Hughes at the 3, Dolezaj/Brisette at the 4 and Chukwu/Sidibe at the 5.

If SU doesn't add anyone else I doubt he red-shirts. JB can use him when SU goes small but needs some shooting or one of Brisette or Dolezaj is in foul trouble and they need someone at the 3. Could see a 5 of Howard Carey BB, Brisette or Doezaj and Chukwu. Could also see a lineup of Carey at the point with BB at the 2, Hughes at the 3, Dolezaj/Brisette at the 4 and Chukwu/Sidibe at the 5.

So do you have any favorites in the 19 class?

So do you have any favorites in the 19 class?

I would defer that to Iommi, Jake, and others who are on top of the bball recruis were looking at as I know some of them but not enough to know who would be the best fits. Bertram looks good and I think we really need at least 2 forwards and a Center. I have been told Girard isn't happening.

I would defer that to Iommi, Jake, and others who are on top of the bball recruis were looking at as I know some of them but not enough to know who would be the best fits. Bertram looks good and I think we really need at least 2 forwards and a Center. I have been told Girard isn't happening.

I like Tre Mann a lot. It could be that he plays my high school at least two times a year and I’ve seen him grow from freshman year. But kid is nice. But unless we have guards disperse than. And we haven’t even looked his way for guards of 19

We need a dynamic SF, one that can score and shoot the 3, and step right in for Oshae. In fact, I'd take 2. We need a PF/C type and another C. A point guard would be great, but I won't hold my breath.

We'll have so many open scholarships and available minutes. This class should be 5 deep and there's absolutely no reason for JB to be limited in the players he goes after. Even guys that aren't theoretically good zone fits should be considered because of how much space we have. Get kids that can score, please, please, please. Gets some bigs that aren't string beans.

I wish I could be confident in having a great class. I just hope we can get a great player or two.

Last edited:
Were going to need at least 2 forwards and 1 Center and maybe even a PF/C type. Guards should be fine with Hopefully Carey, Hughes, Goodine, Washington, and BB. Hughes and Buddy should be able to play the 3 and hopefully Dolezaj comes back for his Jr year.
I'd say 2 guards and 4 bigs

A pure 1

We have our 2

A tweener 3-4

Pure 4

Tweener 4-5

Pure 5

Buddy no on redshirt, he will be in the rotation and he will be on the floor plenty

starting
Carey
Howard
Oshae
Hughes
Chukwu

bench
Marek
Buddy
Sidibe
HWJ

I mean, I'd love to lie to myself and say we're going to have a huge class, but in my heart of hearts I know Boeheim is building up to a 200 lineup.

Yeah. You know what I mean by that.

just want to see what everybody’s thoughts are on who they would like to see us target in the 19 class rather if we are looking at them or not. And who you also think we end up signing from loses to the draft and seniors leaving.
Quincy Guerier from Canada. We gotta sign that kid this spring or summer. He’s a real talent and we’ll need forwards in the 2019 class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom