2019 NHL playoffs | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2019 NHL playoffs

It's not good hockey. The final two rounds/series rarely are. Yes it's intense, but there's not a lot of entertaining play. Chip and chase, dump and change. Wash, rinse, repeat. Bad ice. And the only thing the referees are doing is getting in the way.

Last edited:
Congratulations Blues!

Here’s hoping Tage Thompson makes the Sabres roster this fall.

Otherwise Jason Botterill traded the Stanley Cup finals MVP for three stiffs and a bag of pucks. :(

Congratulations Blues!

Here’s hoping Tage Thompson makes the Sabres roster this fall.

Otherwise Jason Botterill traded the Stanley Cup finals MVP for three stiffs and a bag of pucks. :(
O'Reilly had a great series. Deserves the MVP. And had arguably his best season ever.

It's not good hockey. The final two rounds/series rarely are. Yes it's intense, but there's not a lot of entertaining play. Chip and chase, dump and change. Wash, rinse, repeat. Bad ice. And the only thing the referees are doing is getting in the way. View attachment 165646
Keep underestimating the Blues, Cowtown.

Blasphemy. Fuhr is an Oiler, damn it!

No doubt. Had a good late career run with the Blues though.

I debated mentioning Shanahan, Al MacInnis, and Ktachuk. Probably Ktachuk would be a Blue first? I know Shanahan played for Detroit way longer, but he made his name with the Blues so that’s always tough(Mike Piazza is a DODGER, shutup Mets fans).

*Random note - as a kid I briefly hated the Blues because Glenn Anderson signed there and we traded Esa Tikkanen there for Petr Nedved(who I side-eyed hard that whole 95 season) after those two helped win the 94 cup.

No doubt. Had a good late career run with the Blues though.

I debated mentioning Shanahan, Al MacInnis, and Ktachuk. Probably Ktachuk would be a Blue first? I know Shanahan played for Detroit way longer, but he made his name with the Blues so that’s always tough(Mike Piazza is a DODGER, shutup Mets fans).

*Random note - as a kid I briefly hated the Blues because Glenn Anderson signed there and we traded Esa Tikkanen there for Petr Nedved(who I side-eyed hard that whole 95 season) after those two helped win the 94 cup.

At least you hadn’t mentioned Gretzky.

Only the Sabres can deal a guy for a package including a pick that looks like it should be in the 1st half of the 1st round and end up delivering a Conn Smythe winner to the other team.

Shoutout to Brett Hull, Curtis Joseph, Grant Fuhr, and Chris Pronger!
Lots of guys bled Blue over the years. The Plager brothers, Garry Unger, Red Berenson, Chuck Lefley, John Davidson, Ed Staniowski, Mike Liut. Adam Oates. 51 years worth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom