2020 Fall Ball (Scrimmages Canceled) | Syracusefan.com

2020 Fall Ball (Scrimmages Canceled)

ACC Winter and Spring Olympic Sports:
  • Competition in the sports of swimming and diving, indoor track and field and fencing will be postponed until at least September 10
  • Fall competition in the sports of men’s and women’s golf, men’s and women’s tennis, rowing, men’s and women’s lacrosse, softball and baseball has been canceled
  • Student-athletes in golf and tennis continue to be eligible to compete unattached
  • Teams in all sports may continue practice at their institution’s discretion

ACC Winter and Spring Olympic Sports:
  • Competition in the sports of swimming and diving, indoor track and field and fencing will be postponed until at least September 10
  • Fall competition in the sports of men’s and women’s golf, men’s and women’s tennis, rowing, men’s and women’s lacrosse, softball and baseball has been canceled
  • Student-athletes in golf and tennis continue to be eligible to compete unattached
  • Teams in all sports may continue practice at their institution’s discretion
So they can practice as much as they want or need, they just can't play in any fall scrimmages.

So they can practice as much as they want or need, they just can't play in any fall scrimmages.

That's one way to look at it. We'll be practicing against Burnt Orange a few times then.

So stupid to cancel the lax games. There’s lax games happening now, everything is fine as long as precautions are taken and spectators limited etc. some of this is so over the top.

Just as much and maybe more person on person contact happening in soccer than lax. I know because I watched both last night.

So stupid to cancel the lax games. There’s lax games happening now, everything is fine as long as precautions are taken and spectators limited etc. some of this is so over the top.

Just as much and maybe more person on person contact happening in soccer than lax. I know because I watched both last night.
The point is no one knows what is happening in either sport, because no one traces into family and friend contacts. The virus is an invisible enemy. You cannot know nothing is happening.

If you're talking soccer in North America, they're in a bubble. If you're referring to European competition, they've got much better control of the virus than we in the US have.

If you're talking soccer in North America, they're in a bubble. If you're referring to European competition, they've got much better control of the virus than we in the US have.

I was watching American high school kids practicing soccer with their club teams

I was watching American high school kids practicing soccer with their club teams
I saw Little League baseball games in my town with attendance. Guess the big diff is is games outside vs inside. Hope for the unlikely, a warm fall at Cuse

The only thing that works is a quarantined bubble - and even that has its issues / look what happened with MLL . These are kids and they have social lives and that = contact with/ spread of virus

Syracuse was the LAST #1 team ... before LAX and college sports ceased to exist.

We should get a t-shirt for that.
1597147718941.jpeg

IF (big if), its safe to play sports in 2021, I wonder if football being played in the spring might drain resources for other sports, like lacrosse. Now we wait to see if other conferences join the Big 10.

I heard several weeks ago that Fall scrimmages were canceled and it was only practice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom