2020 NYS Fair | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2020 NYS Fair

NYS should get out in front of this now and let everyone know the Fair is off for this year. Can't see any scenario where this takes place this year.

What is the delay here? If the state basically forces every other event to cancel but holds the Fair while SU isn't allowing fans near each other at games, how does this play out?

What is the delay here? If the state basically forces every other event to cancel but holds the Fair while SU isn't allowing fans near each other at games, how does this play out?

Cuomo is just playing out the string as long as possible, he knows its going to be canceled but the longer it takes the less backlash he will get. I mean its clear to everyone that its not going to happen. We can't control the local bars but were gonna allow 100K in the same spot during a pandemic, come on...

All the contracts with the vendors have a "cancel by" date of I think July 15.

No harm in waiting until the last minute before the Go/No Go decision.

After all, there could still be a miracle and COVID could disappear. :rolleyes:

you could also cap the fair at 10K a day or some number
as a goer, that would be a pretty smooth day at the fair. Although people watching would be a drag.

i think the issue is you need to only enter and exit from the assigned entrance..

Do you have people call and make reservations, or does visitor #10,001 have to wait in line until someone leaves?

While interesting in theory hard to see how that would work. 1. As you noted unless the Fair goes down to a single entrance (social distancing nightmare) your gonna have about a half dozen plus if not more locations trying to coordinate the numbers and stay within the limit and then trying to let more in as people leave etc. 2 and really the most pressing issue is that there is no way the Fair can make any sort of money on 10K people a day. Probably 75% if not more of the vendors would take an absolute bath financially. Its not doable.

I'm a hater of fairs like this. I don't like people (especially the ones you only see at a state fair), the food is actually terrible, the games are all fixed, and it's overall too much in every way.

Did anyone actually miss the fair this year? Or was it just the idea that you missed?

I'm a hater of fairs like this. I don't like people (especially the ones you only see at a state fair), the food is actually terrible, the games are all fixed, and it's overall too much in every way.

Did anyone actually miss the fair this year? Or was it just the idea that you missed?

I WANT MY FAIR !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom