2020 Schedule Release Wed. January 22, 2020 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Schedule Release Wed. January 22, 2020

I know I was against the grain, but I actually wanted Clemson game 1 with our new Defense and them losing 4 starting OL. Thought that was a great chance to surprise them, especially w/ us returning practically our whole O-line.
FSU Thursday night game works out great for me, as I can't do weekends. Plan to be there and be loud!

Last edited:
That'd be horrible, as we'd have no film on them

I wish this meme would die. It was true vs Liberty last year and will be true vs BC this year.

New HC = new scheme = no tape

How big of a deal it is can be debated, but it’s not nothing

Classic SUAD misspelling Louisville in the graphic. Do we have ANYONE there that proofreads?

In all seriousness we should be 6-0 going into Clemson.

Wouldn't say should, but certainty a great opportunity. Lville obviously is the strongest opponent in the front half.

If I’m BC, I’m telling SU to pound sand.

New coaching staff. New QB and RB. Ain’t no way I’m giving up a cupcake just to open the season with a conference rival.
I guess BC didn’t tell SU to pound sand.

I wish this meme would die. It was true vs Liberty last year and will be true vs BC this year.

New HC = new scheme = no tape

How big of a deal it is can be debated, but it’s not nothing

For this guy (and Dino supporter, FWIW), Babers is going to have to win a lot more games to live down the "we didn't have film on that" excuse for getting eviscerated by a horrible Maryland team.

First two games easy road trips, Ill be there for both.
This is our best schedule for people who live in the Northeast in a lot time. Probably since 2002 or so, when all hell broke loose.

6 home games. 3 other games that are an easy drive from most anywhere in the Northeast.

Agreed, hard to complain about this schedule but that game sticks out like a sore thumb. Not a fan of the Thurs night games, especially at home.

Yeah, probably have 2 available for that one.

For this guy (and Dino supporter, FWIW), Babers is going to have to win a lot more games to live down the "we didn't have film on that" excuse for getting eviscerated by a horrible Maryland team.

Hopefully coming in with the 3-3-5 and an improved line and Devito will essentially give everyone else a different look to deal with as well. A disciplined, organized and focused look especially.

Maybe it couldn’t be avoided or likely SU is trying to bring in a crowd for a ho hum game, but the one negative in the schedule is opening the “new dome” against Colgate.

Tree house run that day then we can catch the game at Modern

Lord, if you get as far as Tree House, you might as well go all the way to Boston. I’m out, though. First week of school.

That’s fine - just would prefer to not read it a billion times like it’s got no merit at all

Maybe it couldn’t be avoided or likely SU is trying to bring in a crowd for a ho hum game, but the one negative in the schedule is opening the “new dome” against Colgate.
Colgate has brought more fans than several ACC teams.
In Dino’s debut I was surprised how many Colgate fans came.
We opened the Dome with Miami(Oh) so we don’t need an elite opponent.
This schedule allows to get off to a really good start.

Wonder if the Dome isn’t ready, we play somewhere else - this is the game most fans would care the least about and they’d get 2 weeks before the next home game vs Louisville

It's labor day weekend

Yup. But seeing that I work in public education, that’s the first week of school. School ends at 2. Too much to make it up to BC in time for the game.

Good point but I'm thinking this is a fail safe inserted by design. Locals only, game likely won't be televised, a good game to work out the new facility kinks, and, if necessary, game can be moved in the event of a scheduling emergency.

good news i was able to complete my mock acc schedule .

here is the syracuse portion:
@ bc
@ rutgers
Colgate
@ western michigan
Louisville(friday guess)
-Bye-
Liberty
Georgia Tech
@ clemson
@wake forest
Nc State
Fsu
@pittsburgh

This one nailed it. Only had the Georgia tech/Clemson weeks flipped.

Yup. But seeing that I work in public education, that’s the first week of school. School ends at 2. Too much to make it up to BC in time for the game.
Thats what personal days are for !!!

Take the Acela from CT to North Station.
That sucks your district starts that early.
In NC we start in mid-August so by that time teachers take sick days the Friday before Labor Day.

Wonder if the Dome isn’t ready, we play somewhere else - this is the game most fans would care the least about and they’d get 2 weeks before the next home game vs Louisville

Bingo.

It's a win-win.

It'd be a disaster to schedule a big league game (or even a crappy opponent from far away) and have the building unavailable for the game - finding another venue and accommodations for both teams would be a nightmare.

It'd also be a letdown to open the Dome v1.1 against one of those crappy non-league schools (or even a Georgia Tech type of team) who travels with 150 fans and has no appeal to the casual CNYer.

Colgate covers both scenarios well: they bus up that day, don't require hotel rooms, and could conceivably accept a venue change to Ithaca or Buffalo; and they have a lot of local alumni and draw better than all but the biggest opponents.

Damn, Connecticut starts earlier than I would've thought. That's a bummer.

Colgate has brought more fans than several ACC teams.
In Dino’s debut I was surprised how many Colgate fans came.
We opened the Dome with Miami(Oh) so we don’t need an elite opponent.
This schedule allows to get off to a really good start.

I think the new dome is for the SU fans. Could care less about opponents fans.

I actually wanted Clemson game 1 with our new Defense and them losing 4 starting OL. Thought that was a great chance to surprise them, especially w/ us returning practically our whole O-line.
FSU Thursday night game works out great for me, as I can't do weekends. Plan to be there and be loud!

Unfortunately, Clemson is going to be a little jacked after losing the national title game, so I wasn’t looking forward to playing them the first game. Just as well.