2021 National Signing Day Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2021 National Signing Day Thread

Not to hijack the thread, but you would be right around the age to be one of the first big fans of Headbangers Ball on MTV, yes? My older brother would babysit me and we'd watch video after video. I think I was the only Pre-Schooler who could tell you who Dave Mustaine was.

Also, Fred Coury went to the same high school as I did (dude from Cinderella).
We got a Lestershire lad in da house?! Go Mildcats. Brozetti's sucks.

We got a Lestershire lad in da house?! Go Mildcats. Brozetti's sucks.

Ha! To this day I remember Brozetti’s phone number because of their jingle. Too funny.

Yeah. Graduated from JC. Haha.

Not quite. If 20 of our players averaged .8444, we would need 5 4 stars with a 91 grade(shrader) to get us into 8th.

3 99 grade 5 stars would put us right behind Pitt.

We need some success to raise our floor. Pitt(26 nationally) only has 2 guys lower than our Average, and 3 4 stars. I think that's possible, here.

We will need a few bowl eligible years in a row with some signature wins to hit that high and they'll need to built on the backs of classes like the one's we're currently getting. We need a defined system and players to fit our needs in that before players that fit any/all systems around the country will consider Cuse in any serious volume.

We, on this board, know all the unique, wonderful things about Syracuse but without some proof of success it has to be brutal recruiting to a school 4 or more hours away from any major recruit producing city in a state with sparse high level recruit production. Only comparable p5 schools I can think of local talent wise are Oregon, BC, and Minnesota. So unless we get Nike money, parochial school tie ins and/or state school support it's a tough grind. Minnesota and BC ranked 36 & 37 respectively in this year's recruiting rankings.

We will need a few bowl eligible years in a row with some signature wins to hit that high and they'll need to built on the backs of classes like the one's we're currently getting. We need a defined system and players to fit our needs in that before players that fit any/all systems around the country will consider Cuse in any serious volume.

We, on this board, know all the unique, wonderful things about Syracuse but without some proof of success it has to be brutal recruiting to a school 4 or more hours away from any major recruit producing city in a state with sparse high level recruit production. Only comparable p5 schools I can think of local talent wise are Oregon, BC, and Minnesota. So unless we get Nike money, parochial school tie ins and/or state school support it's a tough grind. Minnesota and BC ranked 36 & 37 respectively in this year's recruiting rankings.
Yeah, I feel like recruiting will go up a notch once we have two bowl appearances in a row. We need to show kids that when they come here they're coming to win.

Ha! To this day I remember Brozetti’s phone number because of their jingle. Too funny.

Ok, Mike. Both of my kids graduated from JC. What year?

If you played any little league in the 80s you probably know my uncle. Spent a lot of my childhood in JC. Green Field, Doc Cleary, cousins went to Stinkin' Lincoln and JCHS, of course Aladdin's Castle in the mall. Great town.

If you played any little league in the 80s you probably know my uncle. Spent a lot of my childhood in JC. Green Field, Doc Cleary, cousins went to Stinkin' Lincoln and JCHS, of course Aladdin's Castle in the mall. Great town.

Wow! Doc is a legend. I remember the paper did a feature on how much he walked/how many consecutive days.

He was a legend in the town.

Aladdin's Castle - great memories. Villa Pizza, the movie theater. Oakdale Mall was the jam.

Ha Ha...was their pizza good? Is it still in Business?
People swear by Brozetti's Pizza. No accounting for taste I guess. They use American cheese instead of 100% mozzerella and a really bland sauce. Kind of like ketchup and Velveeta on Wonder Bread. My long time neighbor managed it for years. Give me Nirchi's, Rossi's or Cortese any day. My all time favorite, though was a little place called Pino's on Conklin Road near where the Relief Pitcher.

Wow! Doc is a legend. I remember the paper did a feature on how much he walked/how many consecutive days.

He was a legend in the town.

Aladdin's Castle - great memories. Villa Pizza, the movie theater. Oakdale Mall was the jam.
Doc and my uncle were super close. Doc's walking streak was done in reference to my uncle Lou, who had a consecutive day streak of lumbering the streets of JC of well over 2,000 days. Great place full of great people.

People swear by Brozetti's Pizza. No accounting for taste I guess. They use American cheese instead of 100% mozzerella and a really bland sauce. Kind of like ketchup and Velveeta on Wonder Bread. My long time neighbor managed it for years. Give me Nirchi's, Rossi's or Cortese any day. My all time favorite, though was a little place called Pino's on Conklin Road near where the Relief

Ha Ha...was their pizza good? Is it still in Business?
See Mark's post. It is a total affront to the word pizza in my book.

People swear by Brozetti's Pizza. No accounting for taste I guess. They use American cheese instead of 100% mozzerella and a really bland sauce. Kind of like ketchup and Velveeta on Wonder Bread. My long time neighbor managed it for years. Give me Nirchi's, Rossi's or Cortese any day. My all time favorite, though was a little place called Pino's on Conklin Road near where the Relief Pitcher.

Heck, I live in NYC and can get pizza on every corner and I still miss Nirchi's and Rossi's. I went back home a few years ago and someone got a sheet pizza from Rossi's and I'm pretty sure I consumed about 4,000 calories of it.

I liked Brozetti's, but it defintely was unique. It wasn't a traditional pizza.

JoeCollege - I went to Harry L for elementary school and Nando's was right next to it. Loved their slices.

I know this is blasphemy, but I honestly remember some of those pizza places more fondly than the spiedie places. I know I lose my southern tier card for saying that.

Haha! When I was little, my mom would make us "pizza" for lunch but it was a slice of wheat bread, ketchup sprinkled with oregano, and a slice of Swiss cheese broiled in the oven for a few minutes (yes, ours was the healthy house and no one ever wanted to trade their chips for my wheat thins at lunch). With that background, maybe I would have liked Brozetti's.

Haha! When I was little, my mom would make us "pizza" for lunch but it was a slice of wheat bread, ketchup sprinkled with oregano, and a slice of Swiss cheese broiled in the oven for a few minutes ...
This reminds me of Mama June's recipe for sketti (spaghetti) sauce ;)

Last edited:
Ok, Mike. Both of my kids graduated from JC. What year?
In the mid-late our favorite place to have fun (eat, drink, play pool) was O’s (near the bowling alley). I know it’s been closed for a long time. Just wondering if you ever went there... :)

In the mid-late our favorite place to have fun (eat, drink, play pool) was O’s (near the bowling alley). I know it’s been closed for a long time. Just wondering if you ever went there... :)
I was a regular at O's Place. Even had my picture on the wall. When they put in the interactive gaming platform we were there for trivia three times a week and QB1 on Monday nights. Played volleyball twice a week (men's competitive 4's and Co-Ed rec 6's) as an excuse to go to O's more often. They had the second best wings in town.

My girlfriend had a 3.2785 GPA. Mine was 3.2173. How much smarter was she?
Who is more likely to get a PhD in philology?
Did one of you get a degree in philology? There must be two maybe three jobs in the field

I was a regular at O's Place. Even had my picture on the wall. When they put in the interactive gaming platform we were there for trivia three times a week and QB1 on Monday nights. Played volleyball twice a week (men's competitive 4's and Co-Ed rec 6's) as an excuse to go to O's more often. They had the second best wings in town.
How do I always stumble across pizza and wing conversations on this site!!!!! Why?!?! I'm starving now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom