2021 National Signing Day Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2021 National Signing Day Thread

whats the national rank?

are we beating the rest of the bottom of the P5?

R!vals has us at 51, so they're my new favorite for now.

12th in the ACC, but within yelling distance of NC State, VT, GT.

Does this years class rank include Schrader?

I’d love to see data on how many senior players at various teams have opted to return in 2021 for an extra year.

This is Babers 3rd best class by composite.

2021 57th. .8444
2020 58th. .8399
2019 57th. .8483
2018 51st. .8527
2017 54th. .8357
2016 62cnd. 8345

Today is just another reason why I enjoy the offseason. Recharge the battery...get jazzed about some new talent coming in...prior talent returning...new blood on the staff and spring practice not that far away. Looking forward to seeing what a new season brings. The good thing is...knock on wood everyone stays healthy...we have some really nice competition at a number of positions that absolutely can only make the team better.

Today is just another reason why I enjoy the offseason. Recharge the battery...get jazzed about some new talent coming in...prior talent returning...new blood on the staff and spring practice not that far away. Looking forward to seeing what a new season brings. The good thing is...knock on wood everyone stays healthy...we have some really nice competition at a number of positions that absolutely can only make the team better.
There's a combination that goes like manageable schedule + better QB play and depth + better online play and depth + skill position improvement + better familiarity with the defensive system + maturation of the defensive players that doesn't sound completely insane.

I think we'll be bowl eligible. And that's important.

There's a combination that goes like manageable schedule + better QB play and depth + better online play and depth + skill position improvement + better familiarity with the defensive system + maturation of the defensive players that doesn't sound completely insane.

I think we'll be bowl eligible. And that's important.
Lets Go Reaction GIF by Acorn TV

All of "our" music is old, my friend. It's up to us to Teach Our Children (CSN&Y hat tip) about our music. My 19 year old likes Sinatra, Fleetwod Mac, and ABBA (my guilty pleasure!) and my 22 year old is a huge Rush fan along with the Beatles. But they've introduced me to some pretty cool music, too. It's a fun two-way street!
(And we ALL love Hamilton! But that's another story...)
My son has learned about the old stuff from me...but he is into EDM, electropop, etc...yes, I learned what this stuff is all about. My son has spent his covid time in Germany learning his music producing and DJ craft. Dad is just glad he has a full time job to pay his bills. He hasn't had a paying DJ gig since things shutdown (still pretty extreme there) in Germany back in the spring.

Could he be coming to the Fine Mess for a gig in the future?

Last edited:
The important thing to remember about this class is that there was no summer camp circuit and a lot of kids didn't play HS football in the fall.

I think there's a few kids who would have gotten bigger offers over the summer and wouldn't have considered us.

The important thing to remember about this class is that there was no summer camp circuit and a lot of kids didn't play HS football in the fall.

I think there's a few kids who would have gotten bigger offers over the summer and wouldn't have considered us.
And...conversely we might have a few huge misses in the group. We'll see. We should know by Fall '23

Had we gotten say two legit 4 stars to go with our current class that would put us in the top 6 likely right? These rankings are literally a couple players apart from 5/6 down.
Not quite. If 20 of our players averaged .8444, we would need 5 4 stars with a 91 grade(shrader) to get us into 8th.

3 99 grade 5 stars would put us right behind Pitt.

We need some success to raise our floor. Pitt(26 nationally) only has 2 guys lower than our Average, and 3 4 stars. I think that's possible, here.

Last edited:
I mean, that's fair. But I trust the staff's ability to ID talent early - just don't often trust them to land it.
Or use it effectively when they’re here

the thing with star rankings is that its skewed towards the stars and not what a team night need.

if you get 5 5-star WRs that adds up but they all wont play.

did we add what we needed and are they as good as the FR we added last yr who clearly most played above their rankings..

This is Babers 3rd best class by composite.

2021 57th. .8444
2020 58th. .8399
2019 57th. .8483
2018 51st. .8527
2017 54th. .8357
2016 62cnd. 8345

I did that a couple months back but was too strapped for time to dig back through so thank you for sharing.

Funny thing is last year's class gave us the most solid first year contributors largely out of necessity of where higher ranked classes left voids. Of that 2018 highest ranked class only 1 of top 8 rated still on the roster and only 3 of top 8 played at all this past season. Trill, and JJ both shut down by injuries and Hendrix. Only 8 of that 21 man class are still currently on the roster for plethora of reasons.

the thing with star rankings is that its skewed towards the stars and not what a team night need.

if you get 5 5-star WRs that adds up but they all wont play.

did we add what we needed and are they as good as the FR we added last yr who clearly most played above their rankings..
You made me think of Bama... in 2019, their top-4 WR’s were

1) Jerry Jeudy
2) Henry Ruggs
3) Jalen Waddle
4) DeVonta Smith

Oh, and Calvin Ridley was 21 in the NFL... that’s just stupid.

But to your point, I think the last two years on the recruiting trail have been pretty good for Dino and staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom