2022-23 Bowl Season | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

2022-23 Bowl Season

Georgia opens -13. Jesus H, I might put a small mint on the toads
I think that’s a little too high myself, but it will be difficult for TCU to match the performance they had against Michigan.They also had a long time to prepare for the Wolverines and heal up, maybe the experts are thinking depth and health will catch up with the Frogs.Probably take TCU myself though.

Georgia opens -13. Jesus H, I might put a small mint on the toads
Does feel high to me as well. TCU has played everyone tight and is a great second half team. Georgia is pretty banged up as well.

The hit Harrison took is the kind of hit moms see and drive to purchase soccer balls and that dads don't fight. That hit was hard core.
Also, the kind of hit Marvin Sr. never seemed to take.

I don’t remember the guy ever really getting hurt or taking a brutal hit. It was uncanny.

Also, the kind of hit Marvin Sr. never seemed to take.

I don’t remember the guy ever really getting hurt or taking a brutal hit. It was uncanny.
Yeah dad was silky smooth out there but I think I heard during the game that his son has about 2 to 3 inches and 15 pounds on his dad. JR is pretty smooth out there also but a bigger target. JR is going to make bank once he goes NFL.

Regardless of whether it was targeting, a hit to the head should be a personal foul

That is exactly what the targeting rule should be about. The guy dove at Harrison, and even if it wasn't helmet to helmet he drove his shoulder into the head area. A defenseless player, the guy should have been tossed.

No way

Agreed. Tough to say the guy who came in as a 6.5 point dog was out coached when he was in control most of the game until Harrison went out. I think the Stroud sack from the possession or two prior made him scared on that last set of calls.

Georgia has been on the wrong side of some absolute heartbreakers over the years. Starting to see some of that luck break the other way for them these last two years with Williams and Metchie going down last year and Harrison this year.
UGA is modeled after the early Saban Bama teams. Strong lines, power running, QB is more of a game manager (albeit Bennett put up some big numbers yesterday). The TE position is more important than the WRs. I expect Kirby will eventually learn the importance of having stud WRs like current Bama and Ohio St (yesterday's game was a lesson).

UGA is modeled after the early Saban Bama teams. Strong lines, power running, QB is more of a game manager (albeit Bennett put up some big numbers yesterday). The TE position is more important than the WRs. I expect Kirby will eventually learn the importance of having stud WRs like current Bama and Ohio St (yesterday's game was a lesson).
Whatever he is doing seems to be beating what everyone else is doing. Two straight National Championship games.
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it

I think that’s a little too high myself, but it will be difficult for TCU to match the performance they had against Michigan.They also had a long time to prepare for the Wolverines and heal up, maybe the experts are thinking depth and health will catch up with the Frogs.Probably take TCU myself though.
I feel like Michigan lost that game more than TCU won it. Just look at the 2 pick 6's and the failure to get a TD when within the 2 yard line.

13 is a lot though.

Bennette is likely one of the more underrated players in recent CFB memory IMHO. Two straight national championship games, he puts up solid numbers, solid leader on the field etc... People still call him a game manager.

I guess I will find out in 30 minutes but is Chase Brown playing for the Illini in today's bowl game in Tampa? He's about in the same draft position as Tucker. Interesting if he plays while Sean opted out, although I believe Sean played hurt all-year long after getting injured vs. Lville, Wagner and maybe in a few other games.

I guess I will find out in 30 minutes but is Chase Brown playing for the Illini in today's bowl game in Tampa? He's about in the same draft position as Tucker. Interesting if he plays while Sean opted out, although I believe Sean played hurt all-year long after getting injured vs. Lville, Wagner and maybe in a few other games.
Chase is out

The field in the Reliaquest Bowl doesn’t look great either.

Announcers just said Tommy petitioned NCAA to come back for 6th year and it was declined. NCAA turned down the request for medical redshirt from 2020. Wasn't aware he tried for that.

Game analyst Rodney Gilmore keeps mentioning Mississippi St.'s 3-3-5 defense and saying Rocky Long is the father of it. Said it twice already.

This MSU QB just throws up dying quails begging to be picked off

Last edited:
Announcers just said Tommy petitioned NCAA to come back for 6th year and it was declined. NCAA turned down the request for medical redshirt from 2020. Wasn't aware he tried for that.
The NCAA still exists?

Tommy for the TD. Illini up 7-0.
Tommy is throwing a nice ball. His arm is not his issue for sure. He clearly needed a better OL than we had at the time.

So how did this whole 2 Cheez It bowls thing come about? Kind of sums up college football these days.

Tommy is throwing a nice ball. His arm is not his issue for sure. He clearly needed a better OL than we had at the time.
His critics here believe he held onto the ball too long and took sacks instead of throwing the ball away. He might have avoided punishment by throwing it away. He also took a lot of big hits on scrambles. He's not as big as Dungey and Schrader to better absorb those hits.

At this point nobody probably watching anyway
It’s on ABC which makes it even more surprising. If it was ESPN 2 or something I guess it wouldn’t be that big of a deal. I was just surprised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom