2022-23 NLL | Syracusefan.com

2022-23 NLL

IL projects Alex Simmons to be selected second overall in the NLL draft.

2 Alex Simmons, RF, Cobourg Kodiaks & Denver/Syracuse *​

Simmons exploded into top-of-the-draft conversation when he scored 82 points in just 13 games with the St. Catharines Jr A Athletics as a 19-year-old back in 2018. He proved that wasn't a fluke by not finishing too far behind that prolific 6.3 points-per-game pace the following summer, posting 46 points in eight games. Last summer, he only played a pair of MSL games with the Cobourg Kodiaks but still managed to put up 10 points. This summer was a bit slower for the skilled, agile forward as he had just 21 points in nine games, but he really got hot in the playoffs. Simmons looked sharp and creative as he led the Kodiaks by a large margin (the next highest scorer was Kealan Pilon, eight points back with 13) as Cobourg gave the first-place Six Nations Chiefs all they could handle in a first-round series that was way closer than the five games it lasted make it sound. Simmons is a special talent and while he's not the tallest player, he is sturdy and resilient. He should be a very good pro.

SU should really release a "Newcomers" Press Release for the Transfers and the Freshmen. They tweeted about Kirst when the U-21 games were going on, but this is the first mention of Simmons. I know it's all an open secret which players are going where with Xanders and other media members, but this seems like SID 101. Maybe they still will but I don't think they did one last year. They have plenty to "brag" about here. Perhaps they are waiting until IL releases their final Recruiting Rankings.

SU should really release a "Newcomers" Press Release for the Transfers and the Freshmen. They tweeted about Kirst when the U-21 games were going on, but this is the first mention of Simmons. I know it's all an open secret which players are going where with Xanders and other media members, but this seems like SID 101. Maybe they still will but I don't think they did one last year. They have plenty to "brag" about here. Perhaps they are waiting until IL releases their final Recruiting Rankings.
I haven’t been impressed with the new SID so far. Not sure what the issue is up there but both lacrosse teams are woeful on socials and getting info out to the public.

I haven’t been impressed with the new SID so far. Not sure what the issue is up there but both lacrosse teams are woeful on socials and getting info out to the public.
Tyler Cady is excellent and worked his ass off. It's too bad Football stole him away, I don't expect the same level of social presence with the new guy.

Tyler Cady is excellent and worked his ass off. It's too bad Football stole him away, I don't expect the same level of social presence with the new guy.
Yup. Grew up with Tyler. His work ethic, passion, awareness, & attention to detail will be hard to replace. It’s easy to see his effect on Football’s media so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom