2022-23 Portal Cup | Syracusefan.com

2022-23 Portal Cup

I take it these are the departure numbers.

It would be interesting to see how many ended up in each of the following buckets: P5, G5, FCS, other football option, non-football.

I take it these are the departure numbers.

It would be interesting to see how many ended up in each of the following buckets: P5, G5, FCS, other football option, non-football.
For Syracuse, I have:

- Morris, Benson, Harris, DeVito, and Lutz going P5 (5)
- Markiewicz, Kinsler, Cantin-Arku, Harper, Cole, S. Johnson, Atkinson going G5 (7)
- Howard, Rondi going FCS (2)

131 FBS teams x 85 scholarship players = 11,132 total players

3,085 transfers ÷ 11,132 total players = approx 28% of players transferred
Good work. Thanks for sharing.

As you were putting this together did you happen to capture how many of these players who entered the portal were never picked up by another team?

Or, of the 3085 transfers, how many landed somewhere and how many were unclaimed?

Good work. Thanks for sharing.

As you were putting this together did you happen to capture how many of these players who entered the portal were never picked up by another team?

Or, of the 3085 transfers, how many landed somewhere and how many were unclaimed?
I haven't seen 2021-2022 numbers but the following article was interesting. Basically, most appear to end up with a worse situation than they started with scholarship/level of school wise. From a personal standpoint of each individual, who knows.

Last edited:

It's still preseason camp and there are already kids entering the portal.

For Syracuse, I have:

- Morris, Benson, Harris, DeVito, and Lutz going P5 (5)
- Markiewicz, Kinsler, Cantin-Arku, Harper, Cole, S. Johnson, Atkinson going G5 (7)
- Howard, Rondi going FCS (2)

Too lazy to look it up but I wonder how the G5 kids are doing. Specifically Canin-Arku. World of talent.

Kpogba, he's at West Virginia via East Mississippi CC ...I think he put in for the transfer portal but I suspect he had to go Juco to get his grades up. That was a big loss, imo, he's good. 24 tackles through 4 games.

Too lazy to look it up but I wonder how the G5 kids are doing. Specifically Canin-Arku. World of talent.

Kpogba, he's at West Virginia via East Mississippi CC ...I think he put in for the transfer portal but I suspect he had to go Juco to get his grades up. That was a big loss, imo, he's good. 24 tackles through 4 games.

When I watched the WVU-VTech game, I sorta recognized the name, but couldn't remember from where. Thanks for reminding me. He's a beast. Wish he was still with us.

I was going to keep tabs in a recurring post, but was correctly talked out of it. Thread like that was bound to get cranky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom