2022 Schedule Guesses | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Schedule Guesses

Heels adopting the Cuse model of not leaving the friendly confines of your own stadium until the season is halfway over, but at least the Orange have the excuse of the Dome. What is UNC's excuse? Crazy what some of these teams are getting away with. They only leave the state of North Carolina twice, and one of those is in Virginia. The game @ ND is really their only major road trip of the entire season.
That type of schedule has not helped Syracuse at all the last 7-8 years. Hopefully, UNC suffers similarly.

UVA had a very long layoff from their last game of the regular season to their first round playoff game against Bryant - two weeks I beleive. Maybe Lars likes having a wind down before the tournament? It obviously led to a championship last season, but they did struggle against Bryant in that first round game.
It's more like the University "likes" its athletes not to play during Final Exams. Same thing happens with Bowl game preps and the b-ball regular season gets shut down during Exams.

Duke not exactly playing a murders row OOC, quite a few cupcake type games. Makes SU's decision to schedule so few "gimme" type games even more questionable in my opinion.
As CollegeCrosse mentions it's the number of ooc games that is surprising at 11. Using the Nike/USA lacrosse poll, Duke has #7 Loyola, #9 Penn, #12 Denver, #16 Delaware, #19 Vermont with High Point and Richmond in the also considered group. Towson might not be a "cupcake".

As CollegeCrosse mentions it's the number of ooc games that is surprising at 11. Using the Nike/USA lacrosse poll, Duke has #7 Loyola, #9 Penn, #12 Denver, #16 Delaware, #19 Vermont with High Point and Richmond in the also considered group. Towson might not be a "cupcake".

This is essentially the same schedule they had in 2019. Maybe it doesn't look as impressive because Denver isn't what we are used to? A pretty tough schedule all in all, I think Loyola will be pretty good this year.

17 games is so many. I wonder if Dano is expecting some to be canceled.

17 games is so many. I wonder if Dano is expecting some to be canceled.

He always plays at least 15+, he skips scrimmages and just schedules more OOC games.

Ya Towson isn't exactly a cupcake but not seeing a ton of marquee type game ie Yale, Maryland, G-town, Cornell etc. Denver, Loyola and Vermont are good matchups, I am not as high on Delaware or Penn but on second glance the amount of easier type games overshadows some of the tougher matchups.

Ok, but when was the last time he scheduled 17?
Duke doesn't have the ACC tournament this year, so they seem to have just considered the 2 ACC games as taking their place.

Duke played 21 total games in 2013, and lost to UNC in the first round of the ACC tmt.

They played 16 regular season games without the double ACC Home and Home so ya id say they have played a lot of regular season games before.

But not 17

There is some indication that the Duke-Towson and UMd-UVa game will be a double-header at Audi field in D.C. on March 19.

The point was that Duke scheduling 17 games isn't a surprise, they scheduled 16 without the extra ACC games.
Always wished that Desko would have scheduled more season regular games by adding some other doc games as Duke and others do. Number of games always light in comparison to many , know JC that you previously mentioned JD had a aversion to mid week games especially at night and guess that had something to do with it but could have played earlier game at Dome .. Last year we only played 12 regular season games and that was with us adding RMU at last moment .

Pleased that Gait schedule some additional games but wish it numbered 15 by adding a quasi layup vs OCC or window dressing and some working out of kinks. Would have preferred that over a third scrimmage though understand the need to assess agaisnt a better squad

Just wondering … we Scrimmage Vermont in and I heard possibly Michigan. Is there anyone else

I thought Syracuse was going to scrimmage Loyola on 2/5, which I believe is the same date as Vermont. Maybe it’s a joint scrimmage? Or maybe it fell through.

Maryland's schedule is posted also:
Tillman didn't seem to be able to find an opponent for a midweek game, so just 7 OOC games and 12 games on the regular season.
That is a solid OOC schedule. I'm thinking Tillman didn't schedule another game because of the Big10 tourney which would add 1 or 2 more games (I am assuming the Terps make The B10 tourney).

I feel you. I'm pretty much the only person I know who complains about night games for sports. Absolutely miserable for me to go any sporting event that starts after about 4:00pm... but I digress.

I'm assuming that the many late afternoon/night games on Hop's schedule this year must be television-dictated. It's such a departure from how Hopkins normally schedules their home games that I don't see any other explanation.
Youth day! Free admission for shrmdougluvrjr.

Al Pacino GIF

Still not sure though. Loyola's a nooner. We could do both, but Ms. Shrmdougluvr's head would explode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom