2022 Spring game is Friday April 1 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Spring game is Friday April 1

This will not only be televised, but it will be an actual game ...because (as I am pretty sure) the ACC and new commish demand it
If it’s a full 60 minute game I’m definitely going, none of this 12 minute quarters non sense.

Hope you like punting and kicking off.
I don’t think that will fly with ACCN, think Dino will be forced to make them have a full scrimmage. The politics of television money.

I don’t think that will fly with ACCN, think Dino will be forced to make them have a full scrimmage. The politics of television money.

I can assure you he wont be.

Is anyone planning on attending this? With the new rules/ requests (depending on who you ask) coming from the ACC, it sounds like this will be worthwhile. It’s also being televised, so I imagine we’ll get some good looks.

So how about it, any tailgates etc?

I hope they do us the service of announcing the format, before hand. 90 minute full contact scrimmage? 90 minute thud scrimmage? Hard not to go.

30 minutes kick offs/returns? 20 minute kicking competition? 45 minute walk through? No thanks.

I 100% want a 90 minute full contact scrimmage. I understand if they don't want full contact. I'd also love to see the 1's through walkons get a good amount of reps.

Will they guarantee an actual "spring game"?

I hope they do us the service of announcing the format, before hand. 90 minute full contact scrimmage? 90 minute thud scrimmage? Hard not to go.

30 minutes kick offs/returns? 20 minute kicking competition? 45 minute walk through? No thanks.

I 100% want a 90 minute full contact scrimmage. I understand if they don't want full contact. I'd also love to see the 1's through walkons get a good amount of reps.

Will they guarantee an actual "spring game"?
When the format was vaguely mentioned on Packer and Durham Dino’s response was “anything for the conference”. I suspect the pressure from over his head due to the tv money will force his hand.

Last edited:
the fanfest was really disappointing so taking a wait and see

Is anyone planning on attending this? With the new rules/ requests (depending on who you ask) coming from the ACC, it sounds like this will be worthwhile. It’s also being televised, so I imagine we’ll get some good looks.

I live less than 10 minutes from the dome. So I am going.

Taking the standard approach here. Hoping for the best. Expecting the worst.

I suspect it will be more fan friendly than it has been in a long time.

When the format was vaguely mentioned on Packer and Durham Dino’s response was “anything for the conference”. I suspect the pressure from over his head due to the tv money will force his hand.
Someone like Dabo might get away with doing it his way but DB is not Dabo. It's interesting that Saban Kirby Dabo etc have no issue running a spring game but it's like setting the world on fire for Db to do one.

I live less than 10 minutes from the dome. So I am going.

Taking the standard approach here. Hoping for the best. Expecting the worst.

I suspect it will be more fan friendly than it has been in a long time.
6 hours.
Day off work.
Hotel.

It be nice if I knew if there was actually a scrimmage that resembled a game.

Some of us are willing to make a trip of it. Terribly disappointing if you make the effort, and its not...

After last year? I certainly hope they announce the format. I'd have been rightfully upset if I had made the trip, last year.

I have a feeling that Dino may come out for the game - with both sidelines full of players - grab a microphone, say April fools, and then lead the team off the field.

Minions Mic Drop GIF

Just kidding.

6 hours.
Day off work.
Hotel.

It be nice if I knew if there was actually a scrimmage that resembled a game.

Some of us are willing to make a trip of it. Terribly disappointing if you make the effort, and its not...

After last year? I certainly hope they announce the format. I'd have been rightfully upset if I had made the trip, last year.
I’m in a similar boat but not as bad.

2 hrs away
Work nights so will have to use 4 hrs of personal and go in at 2 am

Nope. They lost me after last year. waste of time

It stinks being on a Friday night. Attendance will be worse than it usually is. SU does very little to promote the program. Unless you live in town, who’s going to make the trip.

Are we all getting together for this game, Fine Mess or North Manley crews? I’m going by myself as my wife can’t get out of work early for the travel.

It stinks being on a Friday night. Attendance will be worse than it usually is. SU does very little to promote the program. Unless you live in town, who’s going to make the trip.
I’m making the two hour trip by myself and even taking time off of work for it, but I’m not a casual fan so point taken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom