2022 Under Armour All-America Games: July 28-31 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Under Armour All-America Games: July 28-31

Could see that as well. I think they just stick the most athletic kids at ssdm for these all star games. He did say in an interview that he would play wherever they wanted him to once he got to Cuse.

I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't play strictly O middie.

No reason Spallina can’t have a Chris Gray-type career. Very similar stature & overall games.

My short take aways. I didn’t get every minute of the game.
First off I don’t know what number Finn was. But seemed he had 2-2 or 3,1? Will be a star wish I had a number to put to plays.
Joey, as advertised, did take a ton of shots. Some nasty goals. That last assist was a dime.
Kempny, I don’t know if he scored but he was up and down the field.
Didn’t hear Dwan, Figgy, or Sageder mention.
Leo had that nasty btb 2-0?
Snd rhoa on the doorstep was dirty 1 goal?
McCool was a fricking brick wall.

So let’s get back to what Jeremy said about Dom and Cuse and what’s going on there pal? Care to share with the rest of the class what ya hearing? Lol.

My short take aways. I didn’t get every minute of the game.
First off I don’t know what number Finn was. But seemed he had 2-2 or 3,1? Will be a star wish I had a number to put to plays.
Joey, as advertised, did take a ton of shots. Some nasty goals. That last assist was a dime.
Kempny, I don’t know if he scored but he was up and down the field.
Didn’t hear Dwan, Figgy, or Sageder mention.
Leo had that nasty btb 2-0?
Snd rhoa on the doorstep was dirty 1 goal?
McCool was a fricking brick wall.
Announcers said Dwan had improved his stick skills over the years and that he had several goals this season. Also said Petro feels Fig is the dark horse in the class and that he could end up being the best close pole in the 22 class.

Announcers said Dwan had improved his stick skills over the years and that he had several goals this season. Also said Petro feels Fig is the dark horse in the class and that he could end up being the best close pole in the 22 class.
I just rewatched the game. And tried to stay on Dwan and Figgy, Figgy was a menance on whoever he was on. Did have the shot in transition that hit pipe. And Dwan is just big. I like them both may be a little slow. But him on the opposing teams bigger attack is perfect.
I didn’t hear Sageder at all through the game. But I saw some of the north D guys playing well so I’m guessing he was one of them.

Impressed with Kempney even though he only had the 1 shot that nailed the goalie in the chest he played a lotttt of ssdm and then in the 3rd and 4th played some O but he was up and down the field a lot.

Finn was great the one hander, and the quickstick off the Leo feed that was an super impressive pass. Had Finn with 3-0 on 5 shots.

Leo the btb feed from Joey had 1-1 on 5 shots.

Joey shot alot. Had him with 15 shots I believe. Had some hit pipe and some just get snatched. Also had a couple bad placements. But he’s really impressive. I think he had some trouble when Larkin was on him but over all looked impressive.

And Rhoa had that nasty fake btb goal right in front. And had the nasty trail check for the CT.

McCool was probably the most impressive player in the game. I think. Maybe a couple other guys higher, he looked realllly good. Should’ve only allowed 3 goals but that roller got pass him. He saw the ball well got the ball out in transitioning as well.

Really impressed with Larkin.

Last edited:
These kids aren't ready though for heavy ACC minutes...
We will see.
7 months out from the start of the spring season. I’ve watched this 22 group play a lot of games on their respective HS and club teams. They are workers and winners. If that continues they will be ready. They need to stay healthy.

FZAIOkOWQAEoo_M

FZAIPbyWQAMoDsu

All of them don't need to be. Spallina and Finn Thompson will play right away. Both should be ready. Fig too and rest could get some mins. We have some solid transfers to this yr. The team will def be better starting this yr

We will see.

7 months out from the start of the spring season. I’ve watched this 22 group play a lot of games on their respective HS and club teams. They are workers and winners. If that continues they will be ready. They need to stay healthy.

All of them don't need to be. Spallina and Finn Thompson will play right away. Both should be ready. Fig too and rest could get some mins. We have some solid transfers to this yr. The team will def be better starting this yr
I was being sarcastic. I am all for playing the young kids.

That was a fun one as expected. Would definitely not lose any faith in Kempney playing o kid for us. He can really move and has a lot of control as a dodger.

Nice to see spallina still get to his spots even with the other top prospects. Seems fast and strong enough to get to where he wants. Guys like Larkin are very much D1 Acc/Big 10 sized already and he can still work his way to a good enough shooting location. Took a hilarious amount of shots but hey why not.

Don’t think he will just coast to dominating D1 as we will probably see a few different strategies to limit the damage from his iso dodges. Would not be surprised to see teams try sending out their biggest tank of a long pole to limit the back down routine and try to slide to him as little as possible. Still think he will without question have an impact out of the gate in some form.

Thomson will at the very very very least be a crowd pleaser.

I was being sarcastic. I am all for playing the young kids.
Was gonna say I thought I remembered you saying the opposite a couple weeks back! All makes sense now

That was a fun one as expected. Would definitely not lose any faith in Kempney playing o kid for us. He can really move and has a lot of control as a dodger.

Nice to see spallina still get to his spots even with the other top prospects. Seems fast and strong enough to get to where he wants. Guys like Larkin are very much D1 Acc/Big 10 sized already and he can still work his way to a good enough shooting location. Took a hilarious amount of shots but hey why not.

Don’t think he will just coast to dominating D1 as we will probably see a few different strategies to limit the damage from his iso dodges. Would not be surprised to see teams try sending out their biggest tank of a long pole to limit the back down routine and try to slide to him as little as possible. Still think he will without question have an impact out of the gate in some form.

Thomson will at the very very very least be a crowd pleaser.
saw only one extended bit of play on spallina and was impressed at times but not blown away in a h.s. game

of course these are all-star games, but he did look better.

he's not going to run by a lot of people, so it's possible teams may try to make him do it without slides. he'll likely be loads stronger in a college weight program and in the above case it'll matter if he can win the 5x5 with guys.
- don't think much yet of his left (and maybe neither does he) but if guys try to keep him from his right, he's developed a decent option off his back when on the left side.
- he's of course smart and times his passes to cuts/space well.
- again all-star games so maybe just screwing around, but his btb passes... are not canadian. this is just random... he does have gg as a coach now.

cuse needs a fogo. duh. really surprising a year and 2 transfer cycles, + 6 months to flip '22s... and the offense may not be able to be developed fully bc they can't get the ball (and maybe press). in their 6 conference games alone, tough to see how they'll fare well there. if they have maryland again, goodnight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom