2022 USMNT Thread | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

2022 USMNT Thread

when you just give the ball away dozens of times you never have a chance to build.. it really was played at a 6-1 type score level,

Aronson cant be the best player on the field, he needs to be the 4-th 5th best to be a decent team. the goalie played well.

when you just give the ball away dozens of times you never have a chance to build.. it really was played at a 6-1 type score level,

Aronson cant be the best player on the field, he needs to be the 4-th 5th best to be a decent team. the goalie played well.
The goalie led to a bunch of turn overs because of how bad his passes out of the back were… a few times he kicked it straight to a Japanese player 30 yards out from goal.

I do agree his shot stopping prevented the score line from being even worse. But he caused his own errors.

The goalie led to a bunch of turn overs because of how bad his passes out of the back were… a few times he kicked it straight to a Japanese player 30 yards out from goal.

I do agree his shot stopping prevented the score line from being even worse. But he caused his own errors.

Has always been my biggest thing with Turner. When he is bad with his Service he is awful. Not a single sign they looked interested let alone ready to play. That better change asap

At halftime they gave a stat that US turned the ball over 28 times in their defensive third in the first 45 minutes. And, not almost zero, but absolutely ZERO shots on goal. How Ferriera missed that header so badly...
Very frustrating game to watch. It is hard to imagine them getting out of their pool. Your prediction of one draw and two losses seems reasonable to me. I can imagine England shredding our defense for four or five goals.

I gotta throw this one out. I've been in matches like this where everyone is out of sync and it spreads like wildfire. Better have everyone wide awake. We saw good things before this most recent debacle.

At halftime they gave a stat that US turned the ball over 28 times in their defensive third in the first 45 minutes. And, not almost zero, but absolutely ZERO shots on goal. How Ferriera missed that header so badly...
Very frustrating game to watch. It is hard to imagine them getting out of their pool. Your prediction of one draw and two losses seems reasonable to me. I can imagine England shredding our defense for four or five goals.
England is terrible at the moment. They haven’t scored from the run of play in over 400 minutes.

I gotta throw this one out. I've been in matches like this where everyone is out of sync and it spreads like wildfire. Better have everyone wide awake. We saw good things before this most recent debacle.
Japan basically pressed the back line and they couldn’t connect with out midfield. Musah will make this much better… but de la torre is not ready to play that position at this level. If Musah is out, that midfield position needs to be Reyna or Aaronson. Otherwise the front line will be completely starved of touches… we had FOUR touches in japan’s half in the first half. FOUR…. That isn’t a typo

Japan basically pressed the back line and they couldn’t connect with out midfield. Musah will make this much better… but de la torre is not ready to play that position at this level. If Musah is out, that midfield position needs to be Reyna or Aaronson. Otherwise the front line will be completely starved of touches… we had FOUR touches in japan’s half in the first half. FOUR…. That isn’t a typo

Yeah- I was frustrated Berhalter had them out there like it was a glorified practice and Japan was actually trying to win as they should. We've got what 45 days? What the hell is he doing?

Yeah- I was frustrated Berhalter had them out there like it was a glorified practice and Japan was actually trying to win as they should. We've got what 45 days? What the hell is he doing?
The only positive to going three and out next month is it guarantees triple-g is canned… it would mean he is canned, right?

I am petrified to see how triple-g coaches in the next World Cup with zero competitive matches in 4 years. It will be four years of glorified practice

The only positive to going three and out next month is it guarantees triple-g is canned… it would mean he is canned, right?

I am petrified to see how triple-g coaches in the next World Cup with zero competitive matches in 4 years. It will be four years of glorified practice

We obviously arent running deep in talent like England but we seem as inept as they are when we get real talent. It would be on point if both of us flail at the WC. The game vs the Saudis better look like a different team.

We obviously arent running deep in talent like England but we seem as inept as they are when we get real talent. It would be on point if both of us flail at the WC. The game vs the Saudis better look like a different team.
My observation is that Adams and Weston were nowhere near the back line to provide an outlet. Gregg seems to want the central backs to clear to the fullbacks who get the ball to the wingers (Aaronson or Pulisic) or hit they midfielder checking back. Japan seemed to see the same and sat on the fullbacks and there was no real check back. There was no plan B apparently.

It’s too bad the us doesn’t have giant, physical strikers who can hold up the ball so people can play off him…. Oh wait the US has two, one of whom starts for the bundesliga leaders but wasn’t good enough to make the team. This must mean the guys who they brought in are truly world class… right? Right?

This adherence to one style is insane… why not have route 1 ball as an option?

So far not a great showing vs the Saudis. Poor execution in final third despite glaring mistakes marking on runs from the Saudis. More giveaways under pressure as well.

Should be 0-1 but Saudis choked in front of goal

So far not a great showing vs the Saudis. Poor execution in final third despite glaring mistakes marking on runs from the Saudis. More giveaways under pressure as well.

Should be 0-1 but Saudis choked in front of goal
And Reyna out at 30 with an injury... what a crappy set of games. US should bite the bullet and fire Gregg now.

Gregg Berhalter is a horrendous manager. I can't wait for him to leave. He has no discernible system, doesn't understand his own player pool, and makes his best moves at halftime because his match plans are always second best.

And Reyna out at 30 with an injury... what a crappy set of games. US should bite the bullet and fire Gregg now.

Did they confirm injury on Reyna? He was supposed to come out at half wasn't sure if just precaution.

Turner to me is playing his way to the bench with this crap. Gregg though...

Another thing is how noticeable things look without Jedi out there. His pace, physicality and presence is heavily missed.

14 Concacaf WC Qualifying Matches. 21 Goals Scored. 9 came in two matches. 8 Games with 0 or 1 Goal.

This side under this manager can't score against legit WC level sides.

14 Concacaf WC Qualifying Matches. 21 Goals Scored. 9 came in two matches. 8 Games with 0 or 1 Goal.

This side under this manager can't score against legit WC level sides.

This side is going to flame out in a hurry in Qatar. I just don't see any sign of life.

This side is going to flame out in a hurry in Qatar. I just don't see any sign of life.
No plan that works on the bench... no leaders on the field... an a bunch of players completely out of form.

Either play a striker who the team can play off of or ditch the striker and get Reyna in as a false 9.

In Gregg's defense... losing Jedi really hurts because it hurts both sides. Dest sucks on the right and there is no one as good at going up the wings as Dest in the left. Not having fullbacks who can get up the field because Gregg relies on them to provide width and connect with Pulisic and Reyna and Aaronson.

But the fact that losing Jedi, who is good but not by any means world class, can crush the entire offense is a probably a sign that the offensive strategy isn't that great.

No plan that works on the bench... no leaders on the field... an a bunch of players completely out of form.

Either play a striker who the team can play off of or ditch the striker and get Reyna in as a false 9.

In Gregg's defense... losing Jedi really hurts because it hurts both sides. Dest sucks on the right and there is no one as good at going up the wings as Dest in the left. Not having fullbacks who can get up the field because Gregg relies on them to provide width and connect with Pulisic and Reyna and Aaronson.

But the fact that losing Jedi, who is good but not by any means world class, can crush the entire offense is a probably a sign that the offensive strategy isn't that great.

Yep. No Jedi and no Musah and they look hapless. Also admittedly the defense without an in form Robinson next to Zimmerman along with those other two just doesn't work well and Berhalter seems clueless how to adjust.

Yep. No Jedi and no Musah and they look hapless. Also admittedly the defense without an in form Robinson next to Zimmerman along with those other two just doesn't work well and Berhalter seems clueless how to adjust.
I totally get missing Musah hurts... but what the heck is he thinking replacing Musah with Acosta. That's just idiocy.

I totally get missing Musah hurts... but what the heck is he thinking replacing Musah with Acosta. That's just idiocy.

We agree.. as I was getting at he is lost. It's clear this much talent he isn't able to install his style of play and manage talent to make it all work.

We agree.. as I was getting at he is lost. It's clear this much talent he isn't able to install his style of play and manage talent to make it all work.
Yep in the World Cup... chances are he will have his ideal lineup in his first game and that's it. People will get hurt and carded. I don't see Gregg having it in him to game plan for specific opponents and we are not good enough to impose our style on all opponents.

Hopefully these two games were experimental and he goes back to a more direct style of play for the World Cup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom