2022 Yankees Season | Page 151 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Yankees Season

We play Tampa 6 times in the next 10 days.
If they can manage to win two of those games, they should be fine. God forbid they win more than that and they'll be in great shape. If they play somewhere close to .500 ball the rest of the way, it would take a monumental stretch of baseball for the Rays or Jays to run them down.

If they can manage to win two of those games, they should be fine. God forbid they win more than that and they'll be in great shape. If they play somewhere close to .500 ball the rest of the way, it would take a monumental stretch of baseball for the Rays or Jays to run them down.

Didn't they just go 10-19 in August, would it really be that much of a stretch?

Didn't they just go 10-19 in August, would it really be that much of a stretch?
It's hard for really bad teams to play that poorly over a 29 game stretch. It's very unlikely that a talented team will perform like that two months in a row. The math and calendar favor the Yankees here, no matter how much anyone wants to panic.

It's hard for really bad teams to play that poorly over a 29 game stretch. It's very unlikely that a talented team will perform like that two months in a row. The math and calendar favor the Yankees here, no matter how much anyone wants to panic.

I dont' disagree but I think the 6 games with the Rays kind of effects the Math and Calendar argument. Hoping they take 2 of 3 this weekend but if they get swept a 3 game lead is nothing.

FanGraphs has three methods for calculating playoff odds. I won’t bore you with the details. As of this morning the Yankees’ chances of wining the division are 91.8%, 96.1%, or 89.9%.

FanGraphs has three methods for calculating playoff odds. I won’t bore you with the details. As of this morning the Yankees’ chances of wining the division are 91.8%, 96.1%, or 89.9%.
What are chances of not making playoffs at all, wildcard? Just curious

Sept 1 means an extra arm and an extra bat.

Arms are in short supply, but Locastro can stay when Gonzalez comes off the Paternity List.

What are chances of not making playoffs at all, wildcard? Just curious
Close to zero.
Yes, the playoff probability is listed as 100% in two formulas and 99.9% in the third.

According to FanGraphs: "A value of 100.0% does not necessarily mean a team has officially clinched a playoff spot. It only means that a team made the playoffs in at least 19,990 of the simulated 20,000 seasons (which rounds up to 100%)"

Hard to accurately describe how bad Donaldson and Torres are right now. Just awful
Them in the same lineup of criminal. Also the fraudulent ace comes up short once again.

Yes, the playoff probability is listed as 100% in two formulas and 99.9% in the third.

According to FanGraphs: "A value of 100.0% does not necessarily mean a team has officially clinched a playoff spot. It only means that a team made the playoffs in at least 19,990 of the simulated 20,000 seasons (which rounds up to 100%)"

I would not need to be persuaded much to part with $50 on a long shot bet like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom