2022 Yankees Season | Page 171 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Yankees Season

Interesting article. I get it that the loss of Benintendi and Carpenter has forced Boone's hand. Stanton? Donaldson? If the sound of bats hitting balls was music, those two would be a duet performing Silent Night. The only guy worse than them is Hicks. Seriously, I get it with Donaldson at 3rd, he's very good on D. But Stanton, who can do only one thing, is not doing it. He may even be getting worse.
noidea.gif

Last edited:
Interesting article. I get it that the loss of Benintendi and Carpenter has forced Boone's hand. Stanton? Donaldson? If the sound of bats hitting balls was music, those two would be a duet performing Silent Night. The only guy worse than them is Hicks. Seriously, I get it with Donaldson at 3rd, he's very good on D. But Stanton, who can do only one thing, is not doing it. He may even be getting worse. View attachment 219999
Yes, yes, yes but the only thing that matters right now is that the Yankees are 4-0 with Judge batting first and Stanton batting 2nd. Do you think that will change any time soon.

Yes, yes, yes but the only thing that matters right now is that the Yankees are 4-0 with Judge batting first and Stanton batting 2nd. Do you think that will change any time soon.

I'd suggest a bigger reason for their recent record (aren't they 8 of the last 10?) is the re-emergence of Gleyber Torres' bat and the recovery of the pitching staff from the losses of Montgomery and King (and Boston's pitching is distinctly sub par). But regardless, I'm much happier today than I was back in August. :)

I'd suggest a bigger reason for their recent record (aren't they 8 of the last 10?) is the re-emergence of Gleyber Torres' bat and the recovery of the pitching staff from the losses of Montgomery and King (and Boston's pitching is distinctly sub par). But regardless, I'm much happier today than I was back in August. :)
Gleyber being Gleyber again has been huge.

we all saw what Stanton can do in the post season.

pitching will always make me nervous.

I'd rather have German coming in for middle/long relief than Taillon, who's never come out of the pen.

Maybe it would work at the start of an inning?

Rays 11, Blue Jays 0

Yankees (Off)87-56Sept 16-18 at MIL
Blue Jays (L)81-63(-6.5)Sept 16-18 vs BAL
Rays (W)80-63(-7.0)Sept 16-18 vs TEX

He knows how to pitch; he just needs to stay healthy.
My guess is that he hurts his arm trying to throw too hard. And he's not the only one. Look at the injured lists for pitchers all around MLB. 100 mph is probably very close to the physical limit. So if he's more effective with spin pitches he doesn't have to throw 99-101 every time the catcher puts down a 1. That's my point about "knowing how to pitch." :)

My guess is that he hurts his arm trying to throw too hard. And he's not the only one. Look at the injured lists for pitchers all around MLB. 100 mph is probably very close to the physical limit. So if he's more effective with spin pitches he doesn't have to throw 99-101 every time the catcher puts down a 1. That's my point about "knowing how to pitch." :)
I really don't know why there seem to be so many injuries to pitchers these days. Maybe it's the way they're being trained and taught from a young age, and later at the professional level. Maybe it's the year-around nature of the sport, and not enough beer and cigarettes and bad food. As for Severino, he never seemed like a max-effort guy like some pitchers. I just hope he gets back and can contribute because he's very talented when healthy.

Rays and Jays beating up on each other helped. I would like to thank them both.

Magic # down to 13. 10 to ensure 2nd seed over Cleveland.

Rays and Jays beating up on each other helped. I would like to thank them both.

Magic # down to 13. 10 to ensure 2nd seed over Cleveland.
If I did the math right, and we put on the blinders and say the Yanks win the East, the magic # for the 2nd seed is 9.

If I did the math right, and we put on the blinders and say the Yanks win the East, the magic # for the 2nd seed is 9.

I used 10 because I never trust a tie.

Cleveland can win up to 96 games. Yankees have won 87. 10 more gets Cleveland out of reach.

But if it is a tiebreaker situation, yeah I think the Yanks have won 5 of 6 head to head?

I used 10 because I never trust a tie.

Cleveland can win up to 96 games. Yankees have won 87. 10 more gets Cleveland out of reach.

But if it is a tiebreaker situation, yeah I think the Yanks have won 5 of 6 head to head?
I went with the head to head.

If the Indians start losing the central, we will have it clinched with 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom