2022 Yankees Season | Page 240 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Yankees Season

It's not my money but 7 years at 40 or 42 per seems about right. Go year to year after age 38.

It's not my money but 7 years at 40 or 42 per seems about right. Go year to year after age 38.
I agree, but Judge might want the 10 year deal. I first thought it was almost a lock he signs with Yanks, but I’m kinda feeling he might not want to stay in New York and deal with the constant pressure that comes with it.
Going to be interesting

I agree, but Judge might want the 10 year deal. I first thought it was almost a lock he signs with Yanks, but I’m kinda feeling he might not want to stay in New York and deal with the constant pressure that comes with it.
Going to be interesting
I think that his making it seems like his time with the Yankees is done is merely a marketing ploy.

I'm against giving Judge a huge contract. I am in the minority. He's been a very good player the last few years. In this contract year, he was great. I see no reason why once he gets paid he doesn't revert back to his .270 40 HR days. So a good player yes. A player worth 50 mil a season, heck no.

Plus after the next 3-4 years he will likely fall into the pattern of regression that most players enter at that age and he will be hurt more frequently and then be down to 30, then 20 HR in a season eating up more DH time.

I think that his making it seems like his time with the Yankees is done is merely a marketing ploy.

I'm against giving Judge a huge contract. I am in the minority. He's been a very good player the last few years. In this contract year, he was great. I see no reason why once he gets paid he doesn't revert back to his .270 40 HR days. So a good player yes. A player worth 50 mil a season, heck no.

Plus after the next 3-4 years he will likely fall into the pattern of regression that most players enter at that age and he will be hurt more frequently and then be down to 30, then 20 HR in a season eating up more DH time.
No way I go 10 years if I’m Yankees or any other club.Maybe 7 for 300 million but that’s max.

How much longer do we have to put with watching Donaldson swing like a blind Samurai? I'd also be inclined to dump both Hicks and Stanton. Stanton because Carpenter is a more tenable DH.

If they sign Judge, who may turn out to have an unfortunate aversion to October, it is not clear the Yankees will be able to field a championship-caliber team while retaining other unfortunate contracts, Stanton's among them. I think there is a big enough sample size to determine that Judge and Stanton don't work together in the same lineup in a reliable way and their combined production, especially against excellent pitchers in big games, would not justify their cost.... unless some of the younger, much cheaper players really have a major impact and this would require that Steinbrenner and Cashman, assuming he is retained, change their strategy about committing to youth (when not absolutely forced to by circumstances).

I love Judge but I think it would be best for the team to let him walk if they can't get rid of Stanton's contract along with either Hicks' or Donaldson's.

If they sign Judge, who may turn out to have an unfortunate aversion to October, it is not clear the Yankees will be able to field a championship-caliber team while retaining other unfortunate contracts, Stanton's among them. I think there is a big enough sample size to determine that Judge and Stanton don't work together in the same lineup in a reliable way and their combined production, especially against excellent pitchers in big games, would not justify their cost... unless some of the younger, much cheaper players really have a major impact and this would require that Steinbrenner and Cashman, assuming he is retained, change their strategy about committing to youth (when not absolutely forced to by circumstances).

I love Judge but I think it would be best for the team to let him walk if they can't get rid of Stanton's contract along with either Hicks' or Donaldson's.
I think either Stanton or Judge would look very sharp in Orioles Orange. The Red Sox would be giddy if they could get Judge. I would be amazed if Judge went anywhere.

Somebody is going to offer Judge 10 years. IF the Yankees don't want to participate in the bidding war, their spin will be interesting.

Somebody is going to offer Judge 10 years. IF the Yankees don't want to participate in the bidding war, their spin will be interesting.

"He's not gonna stay healthy for 10 years and we don't want him on the books until 2033 when we're already stuck with Cole and Stanton."

How much longer do we have to put with watching Donaldson swing like a blind Samurai? I'd also be inclined to dump both Hicks and Stanton. Stanton because Carpenter is a more tenable DH.
Stanton has a full no trade clause so you can't move him without his approval so your stuck with him. Donaldson is owed a big chunk of cash next year and does not appear to be a positive add on from a club house perspective. I think your going to have to send some money with Hicks if you want to move him. Carpenter is going to cost some coin too as he will be looking for a two year deal most likely in the state of Texas.

Carpenter will be 37 next season and his carriage has turned back into a pumpkin. The Yankees should thank him for the lift he brought to the team for two months, and then run away from him as fast as they can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom