2023-24 Coaching Carousel | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Lot of slow pace slugfest type coaches at the bottom.

Serious question, can you break down "Based on performance against computer expectations" for me?
I'm guessing its something more than 1 seeds are a failure unless they make the FF. Still its going to be tough to out perform being a 1or2 seed. I think this is likely great for showing over performers and under performers given a large enough sample size.
Not mine, just something I saw on reddit and found it interesting.

I still think that it's hard to pull good takeaways from such a small data set. A good number of data points is 30 because of the central limit theorem. A minimum of 30 NCAA games is like a decade or two of coaching (considering teams don't always get to the tourney every year. And over the timeframe, there are going to be a lot of other variables (players, coaches with different programs, style of play, etc.).

Pat Kelsey is a coward and I will have no problem rampantly spreading the Tu Holloway rumor

Ha, this is good fake account. It looks legit. Its his Double PHD in Journalism and Female Anatomy in his bio that gave it away, lol

I got hooked, I checked todays date and it wasnt April 1. Be ready come Monday

Last edited:

Excited The Oa GIF by NETFLIX

Enfield was probably going to get fired in the next year or 2 with USC moving to the B1G. Probably a smart move by him to go down a level (ducks) to keep collecting checks.
That’s a genius move by him. SMU has a built in excuse to struggle and all levels of success will be met with praise, meanwhile USC boosters are going to keep pretending like they haven’t been largely irrelevant in basketball for the better part of 30 years.

That’s a genius move by him. SMU has a built in excuse to struggle and all levels of success will be met with praise, meanwhile USC boosters are going to keep pretending like they haven’t been largely irrelevant in basketball for the better part of 30 years.
That business acumen from before his Georgetown-slaying days coming in handy.