2023-24 Coaching Carousel | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Kinda of surprised as I read somewhere Porter Moser might be an option. He hasn't really done much since taking the OU job.
Moser would cost $6mm with his buyout. Agree that he has not done much at OU. OU is so football driven and with move to the SEC coming I can see why his name comes up with a Chicago opening. If he were to take the Loyola job... Sister Jean would put a curse on him. As a Loyola grad, I'm ok with that.

Exactly what I was going to post. Excellent hire but incredibly tough job. Their relatively new arena is pretty nice and certainly better than when they played at Allstate, but it is still kinda far from campus and they just have zero cache out here at this point.

Musselman would be a great coach at Louisville. His players at Arkansas quit on him this year supposedly because the NIL money promised to be paid didn't fully materialize.

I wanted Musselman at SU. He will win if given the proper resources.
That guy lives in the portal. Trilly reported he made contact w a kid already before it even opened. He was super high but is now on a decline from E8 to S16 to this year. I think some of it gaining too many 1 year mercenaries and getting them connected but the guy does not get complacent at all.

This just can’t be true. Just saw from some crazy sports blog that Louisville was courting Bob Huggins for their coach. No way could it be true, could it?Is this a joke, the sports “onion”?

SchoolOld CoachNew Coach
DepaulTony StubblefieldChris Holtmann
Fresno StJustin Hudson
LouisvilleKenny Payne
Ohio StateChris Holtmann
Oklahoma StMike Boynton
Saint LouisTravis Ford
StanfordJarod Haase
RiceScott Pera
UTSASteve Henson
VanderbiltJerry Stackhouse ?
WashingtonMike Hopkins
West VirginiaJosh Eilert (Interim)
Fresno should target Hop. Perfect fit for both parties.

This just can’t be true. Just saw from some crazy sports blog that Louisville was courting Bob Huggins for their coach. No way could it be true, could it?Is this a joke, the sports “onion”?
It’s Louisville. Nothing would surprise me.

The head coach has a donor name attached to it?
State of California (yes I know Stanford is private) needs to be disbanded or secede.
Other schools have this also. If a donor wants to set up an endowment for this, you'd be stupid not to take it.

Free bourbon for life Huggy !

The mighty Mercer Bears wasted no time finding a new coach, which is very good with the transfer portal approaching. At first glance, I'm optimistic as it seems like UT Martin would have some of the same challenges as Mercer as far as recruiting and also retaining players who want to move up once they've been successful at that level.

With the help of a guy who brought a gun to a killer at the murder scene. Seems Alabama has moved all-in on “win at all costs”. Didn’t Saban bash on Oats in a press conference for playing that kid in last season’s NCAA tournament?
He got an extension last year too!
Yeah Saban preached about accountability in his program. Some thought that was a shot Oates