2023-24 Coaching Carousel | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Definitely, if he wants that, maybe he would take a P5 assistant gig first. One can hope, at least if that gig is Syracuse ;)

Maybe Boynton has one of those deals where there’s an “offset” against his buyout if he takes another HC job right away?

Which would then make taking an assistant job someplace for a few years that much more appealing.

(I have no idea if any of this is true. Mostly just wishcasting. And I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.)

I bet it'll be Will Wade or Dusty May at SMU. Ready to spend some oil money.

What happened? Sounds intriguing.
I don't know what the problem was, but a georgetown fan friend of mine said Cooley's trying to repair the relationship and make sure they get those kids.

Kenny Johnson will be joining Cooley. Former st Paul coach and Team Takeover director. That will be a pain in the ass for us on some recruits
Isn’t Red’s best friend a big shot in the high school/AAU scene in the DMV?

How long until we see Cal in this thread? I know his buyout is crazy but I can’t imagine BBN is going to idly sit by with 2 of their last 3 tournaments being ended by a 14 & 15.

Cal is a salesman, not a basketball coach.
At one point in time he could actually coach some ball at a high level though so it's a bit of a weird career arc. I think he probably got lazy with the talent he was bringing in. He tried to make some changes this season but when it really mattered it looked like is has in the last handful of seasons.

Somebody on Twitter compared his UK tenure to Les Miles at LSU. Early natty, some decent runs, but mostly tons of talent and really underwhelming results.

This was bound to happen to this Kentucky team. While it isn’t the youngest team in the country or under cal if you look at minutes played, that isn’t the best thing to look at for Kentucky because a large amount of that comes from the two 5th year transfers. They have 12 freshman. Couple that with it being maybe the oldest, if not one of the oldest average ages of college basketball ever. That combination with an already terrible defense is a recipe for disaster.

So I’m assuming with GLeague Ignite being shut down permanently, HC Jason Hart will be without a job.

I thought he would make a good HC here. But I would certainly take him for an assistant should the role open up. Could be a really good recruiter with his involvement in the top high school names in the country.