2023-24 Portal Options | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

Hugely would be a great pickup if Jesse goes. Though he lacks Jess's height and length, he has the size to not get pushed around. Also would be very useful if we at times went with 2 guards and 3 forwards or vice versa.

If you want to run, you have to defend and rebound. Brown excels at both.
Agree with that but I guess it will take time to see who ends up getting the game time between him, Bell and Bennie.

While Taylor has shown he can shoot, I think he will mainly be on the floor when they need a spot up shooter. As others have indicated, he isn't very fast and his defense, at this point, is lacking.

Their biggest losses were Paul Atkinson, an Ivy League grad transfer who had started and did great for them along with Blake Wesley, freshman starter, who declared for the draft and went in the first round. Hubb surprisingly was the least of ND’s losses before this past season.
That's true as well. I was just trying to get at some of the reasoning as to why JJ would choose ND over SU. It looked like Brey had them at the point of becoming a power in the ACC and a Tourney contender, Every preseason service had them rated very highly, so it doesn't seem odd he would make that his choice. Great that things have worked out the way they have now though.

That's true as well. I was just trying to get at some of the reasoning as to why JJ would choose ND over SU. It looked like Brey had them at the point of becoming a power in the ACC and a Tourney contender, Every preseason service had them rated very highly, so it doesn't seem odd he would make that his choice. Great that things have worked out the way they have now though.
I imagine Brey was hoping with the experience he had with all those grad students returning that adding JJ would make up for the lost personnel from last year. Awful amount of pressure for him with no inside presence and no slasher at all to help JJ.

Any idea on who?
I honestly have no clue. I haven't heard a drop about the forwards. Reading tea leaves...Symir transfers (he's not going to stay to be the 3rd or 4th guard as a grad transfer) and I'm guessing 1 or 2 forwards. This is going to come off bad but I'm not going to lose sleep on any forward that leaves because I know they will reload with a transfer with talent

I honestly have no clue. I haven't heard a drop about the forwards. Reading tea leaves...Symir transfers (he's not going to stay to be the 3rd or 4th guard as a grad transfer) and I'm guessing 1 or 2 forwards. This is going to come off bad but I'm not going to lose sleep on any forward that leaves because I know they will reload with a transfer with talent

Don't think it comes off bad at all. Forward was a revolving door this year in terms of guys playing well then not so much...It's hard to tell who doesn't fit into the plans.

I would expect Symir to be one.
The others I suspect may be Joe and Bell

Purely conjecture- I have no idea otherwise.

Yeah makes sense. Really there are several that wouldn't be a surprise but nor would the list to be very short.

Is Cuse in the mix for Chris Ledlum (Harvard). I believe from NYC and he looks like a major player.

Although I like both Brown and Taylor, they may be the two that should transfer out.
If Red wants to run, it's going to make a big difference who will be playing.
Of course a lot depends on who may pull the trigger first. I would be very surprised if they all opt to stay.
Both of those guys are Autry recruits. They aren’t going anywhere

We actually had forwards who cut put the ball on the floor and attack the rim. Our forwards were great this game. Fair was so good and Grant was everywhere. Great game!
And players who moved instead of watch what was going on.