2023-24 Portal Options | Page 142 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

JJ is also a good shooter and will likely show it this year, although he obviously won't shoot as well as Joe.
I respect and like Joe, but he wasn't the elite shooter than some have tried to make him out to be. JJ certainly has a good chance of eclipsing Joe's 36% from 3. That wouldn't exactly be earth shattering.

We won't be a great team, but I think recruiting and the roster are trending in the right direction.
I disagree. If Judah comes back, I think this could be a very good team by year end.

If Cincy could land him I feel like he wasn't out of our ballpark
It doesn’t even sound like we were involved.
I respect and like Joe, but he wasn't the elite shooter than some have tried to make him out to be. JJ certainly has a good chance of reaching 36%. That wouldn't exactly be earth shattering.

I disagree. If Judah comes back, I think this could be a very good team by year end.
Joe was 5th in the ACC in 3PT FGs made, and did it at a 38% clip. All while often being doubled or face guarded. That’s an elite shooter

I respect and like Joe, but he wasn't the elite shooter than some have tried to make him out to be. JJ certainly has a good chance of reaching 36%. That wouldn't exactly be earth shattering.

I like the pickup, but not sure how we can say that being JJ’s efficiency last year was worse than any season Girard ever had. We are banking on untapped potential. To say he can reach 36% is a huge increase on what he did last year. I’d be happy with 33%.

I like the pickup, but not sure how we can say that being JJ’s efficiency last year was worse than any season Girard ever had. We are banking on untapped potential. To say he can reach 36% is a huge increase on what he did last year. I’d be happy with 33%.
We’re banking on untapped potential for 90% of the roster lol. JJ is one of the more proven guys on this team

Well duh, but wouldn't he appear to be a little more polished than McLeod?
Autry either liked the Highlander's game more, or liked his chances of getting him more.

If we follow the clues Red has left us about how he wants his team to play, McLeod is probably the better fit for center. The extra inches and weight matter when you consider the size of the players he'll need to contend with in the ACC.

As far as past actual production...?

Autry either liked the Highlander's game more, or liked his chances of getting him more.

If we follow the clues Red has left us about how he wants his team to play, McLeod is probably the better fit for center. The extra inches and weight matter when you consider the size of the players he'll need to contend with in the ACC.

As far as past actual production...?
I think they also knew they for sure needed a center that could give immediate minutes and just were not willing to risk bringing in a guy that might not get the waiver.

Would the staff try to get another guard if Judah doesn't return? I thought they wanted another guard but it's tough to tell because I have no idea what they think Cuffe can do next year. If they think Cuffe will have a big role they'd be all set, but if he's slated for a smaller role I could see them wanting another guy who is starting caliber. Also depends on Quadir, who I'm high on. Their silence hopefully is good news that they expect Judah to return, but the Cuffe recruitment was quiet so who knows. I'm wondering if anyone's heard anything about the staff wanting someone else, being in contact with anyone else, or indicating they're all done.

Would the staff try to get another guard if Judah doesn't return? I thought they wanted another guard but it's tough to tell because I have no idea what they think Cuffe can do next year. If they think Cuffe will have a big role they'd be all set, but if he's slated for a smaller role I could see them wanting another guy who is starting caliber. Also depends on Quadir, who I'm high on. Their silence hopefully is good news that they expect Judah to return, but the Cuffe recruitment was quiet so who knows. I'm wondering if anyone's heard anything about the staff wanting someone else, being in contact with anyone else, or indicating they're all done.
No, I do not think that Syracuse will recruit another guard if Judah does not come back.

Right now, they have 5 players that could play guard and that does not include Judah.

I believe if Judah comes back, the guard positions are more than taken care of. If Red is going to play a positionless offense it will not matter how many guards, forwards and centers there are, he will run them up and down the court and substitute as often as he can to keep what is on the floor fresh.

If Judah does not come back, I believe that Syracuse will leave that scholarship open for the season after the next where he will need at least 2 scholarships and maybe even more.

Jahvon is someone we've recruited in the past who could be a JM replacement...
Oh yeah.. and Straughn is following JQ too. Time will tell as the JM May 31st 11:59 p.m. deadline closes... tick tock.

Yep added the Straughn IG stalking info in the Judah thread last night.. very interesting...