2023-24 Portal Options | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

We only have one spot open as of now, should focus on the center that can play next year

Edwards will come back we don't need a center who can play next year. My guess is we will have more than 1 spot. If we are truly going with 3 guard lineup then all 4 of our forwards Taylor - Brown - Bell - Benny won't be back.

We need an answer from Jesse yesterday.
Nah. Red's mindset has to be that Jesse will do whatever Jesse thinks is best for him, including taking whatever time he needs to fully analyze his options.

Red's job is to plan as if Jesse is NOT coming back until he knows for certain. The same thinking should apply to Judah's situation. This should mean, IMO, finding the best portal options the staff can realistically recruit while being transparent with those recruits about what would happen if Jesse/Judah returned.

Red needs to aggressively look to add talent to this roster and cannot risk making do with what he has if certain players leave.

Much easier said than done. And obviously, NIL will also be a factor. But, the way that Red plans for and handles the absolute reality of roster fluidity will tell us a lot about his ability to lead the program in this new era.

Nah. Red's mindset has to be that Jesse will do whatever Jesse thinks is best for him, including taking whatever time he needs to fully analyze his options.

Red's job is to plan as if Jesse is NOT coming back until he knows for certain. The same thinking should apply to Judah's situation. This should mean, IMO, finding the best portal options the staff can realistically recruit while being transparent with those recruits about what would happen if Jesse/Judah returned.

Red needs to aggressively look to add talent to this roster and cannot risk making do with what he has if certain players leave.

Much easier said than done. And obviously, NIL will also be a factor. But, the way that Red plans for and handles the absolute reality of roster fluidity will tell us a lot about his ability to lead the program in this new era.
Exactly.

We've been recruiting and planning as if we know what everyone would be doing and the results have not worked out. We should have been recruiting over guys all the time to (A) Challenge them for playing time, I know, wild and (B) In case someone leaves earlier than expected, we have a backup plan.

Edwards will come back we don't need a center who can play next year. My guess is we will have more than 1 spot. If we are truly going with 3 guard lineup then all 4 of our forwards Taylor - Brown - Bell - Benny won't be back.
Taylor is more of a guard, so that brings the number of forwards to 3.

Taylor is more of a guard, so that brings the number of forwards to 3.

Is Taylor a guard in M2M concepts? I question his footspeed for that. In the zone Taylor at the top is fine. Will he be able to keep guards in front of him on defense in M2M? I think in M2M defense he profiles more as a small forward.

Given how many other teams reached out is telling. 3s, D and rebounding are something you really want in a forward in a 3 guard offense. It opens everything up. It's also a perfect complement to going with a true 5 too in a 3 guard offense

Is Taylor a guard in M2M concepts? I question his footspeed for that. In the zone Taylor at the top is fine. Will he be able to keep guards in front of him on defense in M2M? I think in M2M defense he profiles more as a small forward.
Did he get recruited by UVA? That means you can play some defense

I think Taylor Brown and Benny are best served sticking it out even if there are guys in front of them.

I can't see Bell accepting less shots not starting and no guarantees.

For all the comments on here and before the season ended it’s discouraging to see us lose all these guards like this. I don’t see a guard that can shoot like Joe in the portal and joe was crafty also..seems like Louisville is doing well I’m glad we added Starling but hope to see some progress. Autry has a lot of work to do and build chemistry with a team your patching together

For all the comments on here and before the season ended it’s discouraging to see us lose all these guards like this. I don’t see a guard that can shoot like Joe in the portal and joe was crafty also..seems like Louisville is doing well I’m glad we added Starling but hope to see some progress. Autry has a lot of work to do and build chemistry with a team your patching together
Running it back with Joe and Symir would be safe, but our ceiling would be middle of ACC. 10 years ago Syracuse was supposed to come into the ACC and compete with UNC and Duke for ACC championships. It appears Red is trying to make good on that. The risk is worth it.