2023-24 Portal Options | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

It's funny - as that wasn't really what was said... it was just used as a good way to drop a hint... but it's fun watching lol
Oh yeah I didn’t mean dash specifically. I’ve just seen other posts suggesting this.

Ouch. That's a pretty harsh article.
I agree especially since it was written in February. I could understand a little more if it was written after the disappointing season, hearing rumors of him heading to the portal etc.

I agree especially since it was written in February. I could understand a little more if it was written after the disappointing season, hearing rumors of him heading to the portal etc.

I will say that it's a tad rich given Howard is quoted in there on the topic. Howard has been pretty poor in that role himself.

So, with respect to the coaching changes and the exception of the addition of JJ Starling, Syracuse and HCAA has not yet demonstrated any more success in recruiting/portal than JAB did.

Supposedly, Syracuse before the change in coaching had been contacted by a number of possible transfers (including Starling). HCAA is doing all the needed steps to bring new players in. He will have success but he needs to show something in this portal to show a changing trend.
Go outside, the weather’s incredible.

So we are not recruiting Hunter because Jesse is back or he is not interested because Jesse is back?

So we are not recruiting Hunter because Jesse is back or he is not interested because Jesse is back?
Or some other reason. Like--he wants to head back closer to home, or he was given an NIL offer that he can't refuse or. . .

Posh would be a great 3rd guard/6th man. Kid is a terrific on ball defender. If he’s ok with 20mpg it’s a great get. Id assume he’d want a much bigger role than that though

I just got a PS5 so i have my excuse for stayin in today lol
I’ll end up breaking down and getting one next year when college football is back. Pretty sure they are only releasing in new systems

Posh would be a great 3rd guard/6th man. Kid is a terrific on ball defender. If he’s ok with 20mpg it’s a great get. Id assume he’d want a much bigger role than that though
I take posh all day long .

So, with respect to the coaching changes and the exception of the addition of JJ Starling, Syracuse and HCAA has not yet demonstrated any more success in recruiting/portal than JAB did.

Supposedly, Syracuse before the change in coaching had been contacted by a number of possible transfers (including Starling). HCAA is doing all the needed steps to bring new players in. He will have success but he needs to show something in this portal to show a changing trend.
You’re right, he’s had the job for an entire MONTH and hasn’t brought in any top players (expect the one he did of course). Ridiculous. Might as well fire him tomorrow!

I’ll end up breaking down and getting one next year when college football is back. Pretty sure they are only releasing in new systems
I got this for the EA PGA release. Looks beautiful. Also hyped for CFB and Skate

The recruiting pitch to Dickinson is clearly that playing next to a big time center vs being a center and showing off your perimeter skills is the best chance you have of raising your draft stock and sneaking into the 1st round or even getting called at all.

The NBA has been pretty much spittting in the face of the best NCAA bigs recently. Luka Garza Techembwi Edey totally dominant but all told by 30 teams they aren’t good enough or interested.
Both guys would get to show expanded skill set.

DIdn't realize this is a weather thread. 80 and sunny in Phoenix...there, now I fell like I contributed something of value.
ps...I'd love Dickinson. From the AAU team of the new coach...not to stay on topic or anything.
And give Red at least a couple of weeks to find our transfer portal players. Also those NIL contracts take a little time to navigate.

I think it's funny there is some hand wringing over no huge txfr announcements yet. Jesse and Judah returning immediately brings back to top 50 players in college basketball.

We've added JJ who is a talent with a high ceiling. You return Benny, Bell, Hima and as it appears Brown and Quadir (reading tea leaves). JT we don't know yet but signs are more bullish than bearish. All of those pieces do provide a lot of versatility whether it's less sexy than another big name transfer. There also is a lot of potential in the returnees for a summer jump development wise.

Then you have the communication with Westry who we know has lots of talent/potential and maybe is another multi year piece or a replacement if one of the other frosh don't return.

Again this was always a matter of getting Judah and Jesse back- that happening would be massive and immediately lays down a strong foundation.
You think Jesse is a top 50 player in all of college basketball?