2023-24 Portal Options | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

Man, it seems staff was blindsided here. Wish Jesse/His family came to this conclusion sooner at least to get a head start on replacing him. Kinda hard to recruit a high level center replacement without knowing for sure if Jesse is coming back or not. Big hit for the roster but more than anything I just wish the timing was better.

Bring in Hunter or we gamble on someone else hitting the portal that can replace the production lost with Jesse. Good luck Jesse, but this NIL era actually sucks.

Man, it seems staff was blindsided here. Wish Jesse/His family came to this conclusion sooner at least to get a head start on replacing him. Kinda hard to recruit a high level center replacement without knowing for sure if Jesse is coming back or not. Big hit for the roster but more than anything I just wish the timing was better.

Bring in Hunter or we gamble on someone else hitting the portal that can replace the production lost with Jesse. Good luck Jesse, but this NIL era actually sucks.
Staff been blindsided for a decade.

Interesting. Averaged 11 and 6.
He plays and moves like Arinze. Good body. Soft hands. Good baby hook and left hand. Back down player. Showed no face up game. Plays hard. Excellent timing. Not overly explosive.

He plays and moves like Arinze. Good body. Soft hands. Good baby hook and left hand. Back down player. Showed no face up game. Plays hard. Excellent timing. Not overly explosive.
And Arinze shot 65% from the field. This is a 6'10" guy who shot sub 50%. Looking at the schools we are going against says it all IMO.

And Arinze shot 65% from the field. This is a 6'10" guy who shot sub 50%. Looking at the schools we are going against says it all IMO.
Hes no HD that's for sure. Shows what level of talent we are pursuing and the amount we must be willing to spend on NIL. I'm starting to get the feeling that we're not real contenders in this new era.

Hes no HD that's for sure. Shows what level of talent we are pursuing and the amount we must be willing to spend on NIL. I'm starting to get the feeling that we're not real contenders in this new era.
Yeah, If this is the guy they better be sure Mintz is returning and they better have a blue chipper in mind to sign at forward.

Next years starting 5 JJ, Taylor, Bell, Benny, Hima

So far only 34ppg will be back. 23, if you don't consider JJ. Lol

We’ll always have that brief period between JB retiring, Red getting the job and JJ committing where thought there was some hope for the future of Syracuse basketball. Now it seems like we’re facing the reality of where we actually are: fairly hopeless.

Ousmane eh? He did have a 37 pt game vs UTSA... I don't even know what to think about this

In light of how things have unfolded with Edwards, I guess the main question I have is -- why does every other school, including those that on paper seem to have fewer resources than syracuse, have their s*** together with respect to NUL, but we don't?

In light of how things have unfolded with Edwards, I guess the main question I have is -- why does every other school, including those that on paper seem to have fewer resources than syracuse, have their s*** together with respect to NUL, but we don't?
Are you surprised? It took us 20 years to update our athletic facilities.

We’ll always have that brief period between JB retiring, Red getting the job and JJ committing where thought there was some hope for the future of Syracuse basketball. Now it seems like we’re facing the reality of where we actually are: fairly hopeless.
Come on now, it's not that bad.