2023-24 Portal Options | Page 93 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

I’m surprised we haven’t heard the name Qudus Wahab, transfer from Georgetown. He averaged 10 points and seven rebounds in 23 minutes of play.

Apologies if others have already touched on this, but I don't have the wherewithal to wade through 90+ pages to find out. After finally checking out the Rothstein interview with Red (I know; who would've thought I'd find something useful from that site:), I feel much better about the possibilities of trying to replace Edwards. The segment from the interview that gives me hope is the quote from Red when he was asked about the hole left by Edwards' departure: "(W)e’ve got to fill that position with someone that’s experienced and someone that can be a threat. That’s the one thing that we have to do." Taking him at his word, this quote makes me believe that Red is not just going to bring in another warm body to merely add a fourth head to our three-headed monster(?) of Hima-Carey-Patterson. Nor do I think he's going to be satisfied with trying to play an undersized Brown at the 5 (a la Lydon and Marek) in a league loaded with physical loads!! He appears to be pursuing someone who has played regularly at a high NCAA level and also has the skill set to be an offensive threat. So I'm prepping myself to kick into patience mode (not my strongest suit) with the faith that another "Plan B, C or D" will NOT eventually be thrown onto the roster as a band-aid solution... from my lips to the basketball gods' ears!!

It will be interesting what teams may rise to relevancy mainly because of the NIL money available when they previously weren’t relevant attracting talent based on history of developing young players, getting players to the NBA, relationships to AAU, prep school contacts etc. .

So, we got a new ass't coach except we didn't hear much about it for weeks. We got a transfer guard this week that no one heard a peep about for weeks. That seems to be the way Red wants to work. I have confidence that the coaches are way ahead of what we are hearing and that when we get a center, he will be good and the verbal will be somewhat out of the blue.

So, we got a new ass't coach except we didn't hear much about it for weeks. We got a transfer guard this week that no one heard a peep about for weeks. That seems to be the way Red wants to work. I have confidence that the coaches are way ahead of what we are hearing and that when we get a center, he will be good and the verbal will be somewhat out of the blue.
Love the approach.

So we got cisse!!!

Yeah not to mention we all know that kids can be the source of being "reached out to" even if that communication was actually the opposite direction. I dig the behind the scenes stuff too where when the news drops its quick and then on to whatever the next task is.

The one thing we heard about, the rumblings about Justin Moore, fell through. So, it seems quiet is good.

Have any of our insiders shared/confirmed if there has been any contact with Cisse?

Have any of our insiders shared/confirmed if there has been any contact with Cisse?

No but Buffy and Jody are visiting...

e7f797afdbb21e33e770e1e3ed073326.jpg