2023-24 Portal Options | Page 148 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

So Pope is admitting that the NCAA’s declaration that NIL cannot be used as an inducement or recruitment tool to entice a recruit to play for a program, isn’t really true? Shocking. He’s even saying it’s now a main part of the coaching position. Shock upon shock. Crazy Wild West times for collegiate sports.

Coaches love to complain. If you don’t want to deal with it go coach D2 or D3.

Coaches like the money, too.

It's gone down to the D3 level as well.

I've been recruiting a tennis player for two years now. I always had a feeling she was going to be my first 2024 commit. I've gotten to know her and her family very well over the past couple of years. I get a call from her dad recently asking about NIL opportunities at our university, and that a coach of a school in the Midwest, not saying the name out loud, has promised her a NIL package involving a local tennis center for $20k per year over the course of four years.

I had a really interesting conversation about NIL and D3 athletics with him, but can't shake the feeling that no matter the D2 or D3 school, if you are nationally ranked you have to face NIL head on.

Really interesting times we are in.

John Bol could be serviceable at Lemoyne, right?

That's the place I expected he would land. Wonder if he is just ready to move on. He's seemingly been all over traveling along with some of the current team too.