2023 Army Navy Game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Army Navy Game

I have a rule question. The Army QB ran out of bounds in the back of his own end zone. They called it a safety. OK...wouldn't that leave 1 second on the clock? Because...if he steps out of bounds, doesn't that stop the clock? So...if the clock is stopped and the game is over, how can it be a safety?

This is pretty cool. But if they are honoring the silent service, will the midshipmen be allowed to cheer?

I will have to make sure my son knows about the uniforms. He is a submarine sailor and works with the nuclear reactor.
My old man was a sonar operator on a boomer during the Cold War. Nice tribute yesterday to those guys.

I still find it hard to believe that some people wanted the Army coach to be SU’s new coach: 4th and 3 on Navy’s 40 with *what* under 3 minutes to play? And he decides to punt? For basically a 10 yard punt! What a chickenshlt move… Make a first down…game over with no Navy timeouts left. Not make the first down and still at least 20-30 seconds off the clock.
All the same, that 4th quarter was epic…
Neither coach was flexing a lot of muscles. It is my favorite game of the year but the talent level seems to be dropping. Nova vs South Dakota st had better athletes, and in my opinion beat both the academies .

I have a rule question. The Army QB ran out of bounds in the back of his own end zone. They called it a safety. OK...wouldn't that leave 1 second on the clock? Because...if he steps out of bounds, doesn't that stop the clock? So...if the clock is stopped and the game is over, how can it be a safety?
They ruled that he ran out of bounds after time had expired. So it is a safety but the game ends.

Reactions: FAL
They ruled that he ran out of bounds after time had expired. So it is a safety but the game ends.
How can you run out of bounds if the game is over? The game is either over or it isn't?

How can you run out of bounds if the game is over? The game is either over or it isn't?
It’s the same thing when someone is running towards the endzone and the clock expires. The game doesn’t end. The person can keep running with an expired clock to try and score.

It’s the same thing when someone is running towards the endzone and the clock expires. The game doesn’t end. The person can keep running with an expired clock to try and score.

Interesting. Makes sense but for some reason it just didn't resonate with me, thanks 690W.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom