2023 college football playoffs | Syracusefan.com

2023 college football playoffs

CU44SE

All Conference
Didn’t see another thread. What do we think is going to happen?

I think it’s really important FSU makes it for the perception of the ACC. But I’m starting to have doubts. They didn’t look great last night, yes I know it was the third string QB but when OSU made it with Jones they were putting on shows. This feels different.

1- Michigan no question. Undefeated big ten champion.

2- Washington. Undefeated PAC 12 champion. I could see them jump Michigan because they beat Oregon 2 times. Oregons only loses and PAC12 was loaded with talent this year.

3- this is where it gets tricky. I say Texas. Beat alabama at Alabama. Lost their QB during the year and kept winning and dominated the Big 12 championship. Not sure how you leave them out. Even if the one loss was a bad loss.

4- Alabama - played and lost to Texas out of conference and won the SEC.

5- FSU

6- Georgia. Went undefeated until championship game but didn’t play anyone out of conference. So no out of conference victories of significance and didn’t win their conference. Not sure how you put them in over Texas, Alabama, or FsU.

Is Florida State getting either of their top 2 QBs back for the playoffs? In any event, how can you keep out an undefeated conference champ with quality wins?
do they have Quality wins? LSU I guess.

I think it’s really important FSU makes it for the perception of the ACC. But I’m starting to have doubts. They didn’t look great last night, yes I know it was the third string QB but when OSU made it with Jones they were putting on shows. This feels different.

2- Washington. Undefeated PAC 12 champion. I could see them jump Michigan because they beat Oregon 2 times. Oregons only loses and PAC12 was loaded with talent this year.

3- this is where it gets tricky. I say Texas. Beat alabama at Alabama. Lost their QB during the year and kept winning and dominated the Big 12 championship. Not sure how you leave them out. Even if the one loss was a bad loss.

5- FSU

6- Georgia. Went undefeated until championship game but didn’t play anyone out of conference. So no out of conference victories of significance and didn’t win their conference. Not sure how you put them in over Texas, Alabama, or FsU.
I like having a dedicated thread. But if you want to catch up on our thoughts there’s a 14 page thread from last night and this morning

Alabama needed a near miracle to survive against a team that got blown out the week before by NM State. FSU is 2-0 against the SEC.
Alabama is a better team than FSU, it’s the old debate of best teams vs most deserving teams. Bama is a better team than FSU and beyond LSU, FSU has a blah resume. Clemson went 8-4 and the only reason Ville was 10-2 is because they avoided FSU Clemson etc in their conference schedule. Those are two of their 3 Top 25 wins. Bama beat LSU as well plus UGA(best win anyone has all year) plus Ole Miss. to me it isn’t close but this is going to be interesting. Imagine how UGA feels? Talk about picking the wrong year to lose in your conference title game. TCU didn’t even drop a spot when they lost to K State last year

The fault at FSU clearly lies with the coaches who failed to recruit sufficiently dynamic QBs to backup JT so that they could win convincingly over Louisville. (Note sarcasm font, and my take on on of the biggest recurring criticisms on this board.)

Alabama's odds are improving on DK.

Now -125 yes -105 no.

No got up to -145 last night.

Is Florida State getting either of their top 2 QBs back for the playoffs? In any event, how can you keep out an undefeated conference champ with quality wins?
If McCarthy snapped his leg late in the Ohio State game and Michigans backup looked terrible in an ugly win against Iowa everyone would be talking about the cheating scandal, weak schedule, and how they should be left out.

Alabama is a better team than FSU, it’s the old debate of best teams vs most deserving teams. Bama is a better team than FSU and beyond LSU, FSU has a blah resume. Clemson went 8-4 and the only reason Ville was 10-2 is because they avoided FSU Clemson etc in their conference schedule. Those are two of their 3 Top 25 wins. Bama beat LSU as well plus UGA(best win anyone has all year) plus Ole Miss. to me it isn’t close but this is going to be interesting. Imagine how UGA feels? Talk about picking the wrong year to lose in your conference title game. TCU didn’t even drop a spot when they lost to K State last year
FSU also beat LSU.

5- FSU

Didn’t see another thread? There’s a few discussing this. Especially the bowl projection thread.

If gamblers decided this thing.

one sites odds to win the title

Mich +115
tex +325
Ala + 400
Wash +425

FSU +1800

another

Mich +120
tex +360
Ala + 500
Wash +500