2023 Lakeview Amp Schedule | Syracusefan.com

2023 Lakeview Amp Schedule

Is Weedsport still rockin'? As a former resident of the 315, I always liked knowing when it was Summer.

Haven't had any major concerts there in years.

Haven't had any major concerts there in years.
Mr T Crying GIF

So, it's no longer rockin' in Weedsport?

I'm sounding old, I guess, but this fake country music just doesn't do it for me.

Chris Stapleton is more along the lines with old school country than new age country/pop/rap genre. The dude and his wife can sinnnnng (he was the national anthem singer for the Super Bowl this year).
Agreed. He is not in the same category as other current country superstars.

Last edited:
Agreed. He is. It in the same category as other current country superstars.

Name a Blake Shelton song that anyone would know the melody of, or be able to sing along.

All these cowboy hat wearing phonies. Taylor Swift sang with a Southern accent when she first started out in country music. Dang, but those Pennsylvania accents are sweet as the dickens.

Modern Country music is like Republican politics; phony posing, no authenticity, "all hat and no cattle".

I'm sounding old, I guess, but this fake country music just doesn't do it for me.
I agree with you 100%. It’s possibly the worst music ever invented, and it’s basically the only “major” concerts that Upstate NY ever gets anymore. Awful.

But Chris Stapleton is not like all that other crap, at all. I actually like him a lot.

Name a Blake Shelton song that anyone would know the melody of, or be able to sing along.

All these cowboy hat wearing phonies. Taylor Swift sang with a Southern accent when she first started out in country music. Dang, but those Pennsylvania accents are sweet as the dickens.

Modern Country music is like Republican politics; phony posing, no authenticity, "all hat and no cattle".
…..you are right.

But what does that have to do with Chris Stapleton?

…..you are right.

But what does that have to do with Chris Stapleton?

Nothing; he's of the country genre, but you tell me he's not crap. That's fine; there's good music in every style. But, he's not the only person playing the Amp this summer, is he?

You could make a case for other country performers who are not ersatz country - Lyle Lovett, Alison Krauss & Union Station, Dwight Yoakam, Steve Earle or Nancy Griffith, for instance.

But most of it is indistinguishable from each other, especially all the guys in cowboy hats. Zach Bryan, Luke Combs, Florida-Georgia Line, Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, Blake Sheldon, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Alan Jackson, Dierks Bently, the guy from Hootie & the Blowfish, Dustin Lynch, Cody Johnson - I mean, who are these people?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom