2023 Maui Classic | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Maui Classic

I just hope that this isn't the historical turning point when Maui loses its authenticity, and developers turn it into Miami Beach post-recovery.
I hope as well, but that's a big worry. All eyes will be glaring at what decisions are made and will be scrutinized accordingly. There won't be a lack of opinions locally. Once again hoping the local and state governments do the right thing

I just hope that this isn't the historical turning point when Maui loses its authenticity, and developers turn it into Miami Beach post-recovery.

It will be interesting as I thought I heard a couple of folks speaking to the rebuild and ensuring to do so consistent with it's history and culture to the greatest extent possible.

Hopefully that is accurate .

It will be interesting as I thought I heard a couple of folks speaking to the rebuild and ensuring to do so consistent with it's history and culture to the greatest extent possible.

Hopefully that is accurate .
It will take so much discipline for that to happen. There are fortunes to be made by building luxury high-rises in Maui, which in turn creates a windfall of tax revenue for the local and state government there.

It will take so much discipline for that to happen. There are fortunes to be made by building luxury high-rises in Maui, which in turn creates a windfall of tax revenue for the local and state government there.

Indeed. That said Hawaii is built different in terms of its commitment to its past and culture. This is will be its biggest test of that though- or at least biggest in a long time.

Disaster tourists are the worst! We had a tornado go through our neighborhood when I lived in Georgia as a kid. Very minor in scope compared to Hawaii - no deaths, just a lot of trees on houses etc and general damage like that. I remember seeing one of my classmates riding in a car going down our street. She did not live in the neighborhood, but was just there to look at everything and be nosy and get in the way. Still makes me mad thinking about it today.
You should see the insurance fire-chaser losers who Facebook your entire family and show up to your still burning house pretending to be your friend. Lines of people none of us knew telling my dad bs like that they played baseball with his first son, things like that.

The last loser who showed up almost made me catch a murder charge. I still laugh at my uncles telling the guy it’s probably best for him to get out of there. I’m no beacon of morality but I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night if I made my living in a way like that.

This won’t make decisions any easier when the developers come knocking

This won’t make decisions any easier when the developers come knocking

For businesses yes. Residential will depend on insurance claims and the residents themselves. They will likely get a disaster forbearance if they had a mortgage of which may extend outward at least 12 if not 24 months given unique circumstances

All of this is being discussed as of this week with multiple agencies.

Let the good folks who host decide. The Dome should be available that week. Kick the students out of the dorms by Sunday and everyone has to stay on Mount Olympus!
Chaminade would want nothing more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom