Women's Lacrosse - 2023 Media Day / Practice | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse 2023 Media Day / Practice

Just don't like that we couldn't add a Goalie. I know we were short on Schollies but I just feel like its gonna bite us in the butt.

Just don't like that we couldn't add a Goalie. I know we were short on Schollies but I just feel like its gonna bite us in the butt.
I think there was a game last year in which Hower did not have a single save before being pulled. Hope she is a different goalie this season. Major shortcoming not adding a seasoned goalie.

Our goalie had a better save percentage last year than this year's preseason all-acc goalie.

Against top teams last year her save % were:
Stony Brook: 14%
Northwestern 11%
Florida 13%
BC& UNC 25.5%
Virginia 7%
She has good games against inferior comp, but then struggles against TOP teams. I just hope she comes out on fire, cause we'll need her to show up big time the first two games.

Against top teams last year her save % were:
Stony Brook: 14%
Northwestern 11%
Florida 13%
BC& UNC 25.5%
Virginia 7%
She has good games against inferior comp, but then struggles against TOP teams. I just hope she comes out on fire, cause we'll need her to show up big time the first two games.
Really hope goalie play improves but also felt a lot of the goals were because of poor D. It seemed like teams were constantly wide open in front of the net. Really hard to stop great shooter right in front of the net.

Four goalies on the roster and no scholarship money available. Makes it kind of hard to hammer the transfer portal. Goalie play doesn’t have to be great (see BC the last two seasons) to play for championship. It just can’t be awful and they have to occasionally make timely saves. SU got almost nothing from goalies last year when it mattered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom