2023 Men's Div I Bracket

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
FvkdcRcXoAIFpSb

FvkfLlTWwAIyaW_

FvkfnL8WAAEg1uf

FvkglgWWAAABsha

Last edited:
Yale? Really? Ivy League did not deserve 3 this year. Very surprised they didn’t go with Denver to give Tierney one last run.

I don’t like that psu who’s 5th seed has to take on hott princeton team while hopkins 6th seed gets bryant.

rooting for psu but man did they get tough road. Hott princeton team then have to take on terps again.

Yale? Really? Ivy League did not deserve 3 this year. Very surprised they didn’t go with Denver to give Tierney one last run.
Yea yale resume was poop. Got smoked twice cause princeton and really only beat denver(didn’t make it) and nova

Said it before really really need new system and committee maby on how to judge teams and who makes it or how to rate teams.

Utah knocked Denver out. The tourney can’t afford that many western teams. (Myth or true?)

Utah knocked Denver out. The tourney can’t afford that many western teams. (Myth or true?)
Princeton and Michigan knocked them out. They were bid-stealers who would not have been invited had they not won the AQ. If one of them had not won, Denver would probably be in. Maybe the argument should be why did they take Yale over Denver.

Princeton and Michigan knocked them out. They were bid-stealers who would not have been invited had they not won the AQ. If one of them had not won, Denver would probably be in. Maybe the argument should be why did they take Yale over Denver.
Hard to be sure of that. Michigan did end up with 3 top 10 victories.

Yale beat Denver, had a higher RPI, had two top 10 wins (Denver had zero) and didn't lose to Air Force. I'm not sure why people are making a big stink about what seems to be a pretty obvious decision.

Sure Yale just got pounded by Princeton, but MOV is not a criteria. And if it was, Denver still wouldn't really benefit much considering that they just got pounded by Georgetown, and Yale smoked Cornell two days ago.

Hard to be sure of that. Michigan did end up with 3 top 10 victories.
Beating Maryland brought their resume into at-large consideration territory, but that's moot because they got the AQ. If they had lost to Maryland, their resume would've been bubble out like Nova.

This bracket seems pretty uncontroversial, I’m surprised some people are fired about it. Yale beat Denver, that seems like end of story for me, as to who should be last team in. Hopkins getting the sixth seed but drawing Bryant, as opposed to Army or Princeton is bizarre to me, but other than that I see no real issues.

Should be a pretty competitive tournament. If the first round goes chalk (or close as I don’t think Michigan over Cornell or Princeton over Penn State would be much of an upset) I think most of those second round games are pretty much a toss up. Notre Dame seems to have easiest path to the final four. Hopkins has had a great year but they seem like the weakest seeded team by a good margin. Please note I am bitter about their resurgence but they lack the firepower of a lot of top teams and their goalie is struggling right now.

Georgetown is the biggest wildcard to me. People write them off to start the year but they obviously bounced back in a big way. That said their schedule hasn’t been all that challenging (they only beat Marquette by one) so is it fools gold? A second round matchup against UVA would be highly entertaining.

Yale beat Denver, had a higher RPI, had two top 10 wins (Denver had zero) and didn't lose to Air Force. I'm not sure why people are making a big stink about what seems to be a pretty obvious decision.

Sure Yale just got pounded by Princeton, but MOV is not a criteria. And if it was, Denver still wouldn't really benefit much considering that they just got pounded by Georgetown, and Yale smoked Cornell two days ago.
I didn't know they played during the regular season.

This bracket seems pretty uncontroversial, I’m surprised some people are fired about it. Yale beat Denver, that seems like end of story for me, as to who should be last team in. Hopkins getting the sixth seed but drawing Bryant, as opposed to Army or Princeton is bizarre to me, but other than that I see no real issues.

Should be a pretty competitive tournament. If the first round goes chalk (or close as I don’t think Michigan over Cornell or Princeton over Penn State would be much of an upset) I think most of those second round games are pretty much a toss up. Notre Dame seems to have easiest path to the final four. Hopkins has had a great year but they seem like the weakest seeded team by a good margin. Please note I am bitter about their resurgence but they lack the firepower of a lot of top teams and their goalie is struggling right now.

Georgetown is the biggest wildcard to me. People write them off to start the year but they obviously bounced back in a big way. That said their schedule hasn’t been all that challenging (they only beat Marquette by one) so is it fools gold? A second round matchup against UVA would be highly entertaining.
Idk how Hopkins drew Bryant either but also wouldn't be surprised if Bryant gives em a tough game. There a good scrappy team. Would be very satisfying if they ended up beating Hopkins too. Lol

Beating Maryland brought their resume into at-large consideration territory, but that's moot because they got the AQ. If they had lost to Maryland, their resume would've been bubble out like Nova.
I think Michigan probably would have gotten an at-large bid after beating Maryland, and thus are not bid-stealers.
In the end, I don't think such derogatory terms need to be used for teams that won their way in.

It is interesting that when one goes over to the power rankings on Lax Numbers, Princton is #8 and Michigan is #9.

Would much rather be in Penn State or MDs spot than hops. At least they get to play each other in the second round if they can get there. Hop runs right into ND. Hop does have the much easier first game though and may be a little fresher in round two. Also they play the ultimate quarter final choke artist in Corrigan. Remember when they gave us the Ivy league champion as a TWO SEED? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

No idea how to feel about the 4 big 10 teams. My gut tells me they are better than the Ivys present but it is a big mystery how they will stack up against the top of the ACC. All of those match ups were back in early march. Top of the ACC has made more of a statement separating themselves from the lower ACC teams. Meanwhile Michigan has dabbled in losing to Rutgers, MD needed everything in the tank to beat OSU, two of these teams have lost to Marquette, but again that was back in March. Is Michigan the most likely for success since they are getting hot at the right time? That may be the case. My gut is saying MD gets a boost having the most experience in these spots. Think they have a good path to sneak in to the final four. Man that was some ugly lax on Saturday though.

Would much rather be in Penn State or MDs spot than hops. At least they get to play each other in the second round if they can get there. Hop runs right into ND. Hop does have the much easier first game though and may be a little fresher in round two. Also they play the ultimate quarter final choke artist in Corrigan. Remember when they gave us the Ivy league champion as a TWO SEED? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

No idea how to feel about the 4 big 10 teams. My gut tells me they are better than the Ivys present but it is a big mystery how they will stack up against the top of the ACC. All of those match ups were back in early march. Top of the ACC has made more of a statement separating themselves from the lower ACC teams. Meanwhile Michigan has dabbled in losing to Rutgers, MD needed everything in the tank to beat OSU, two of these teams have lost to Marquette, but again that was back in March. Is Michigan the most likely for success since they are getting hot at the right time? That may be the case. My gut is saying MD gets a boost having the most experience in these spots. Think they have a good path to sneak in to the final four. Man that was some ugly lax on Saturday though.
If Marylands offense shows up each game they can make it to FF wknd. All it takes is one game they don't show like Michigan and there done. They don't have two studs who can just carry them like yrs past. They need the whole offense flowing.

Maryland would appear to be the biggest danger for the ACC teams. Maryland beat UVa in ot and lost to ND in 3ot earlier in the season. The Michigan game was bad, but Maryland had a strong win over JHU 2 days before it. Maryland is a bit banged up at the moment. Zappitello has been out, but Tillman said he was not out for the season. Murphy and Geppert have been banged up, but getting back. Another banged up player is Trader, who has been playing but not as much. It is fair to note that Maryland's first shot at an ACC team would be Duke in the semifinals 3 weeks hence and these guys might be on the mend by then. Also, Maryland tends to play Duke well.

PSU would be next. PSU didn't play any ACC teams but had some good wins: Cornell and Yale. Like Maryland, PSU's first chance at an ACC team in the tmt would be Duke in the semifinals. I am not that sure of Duke. Duke usually lords it over UVa and they did so twice, but Duke played a relatively weak OOC schedule, and they don't have another top 10 win. PSU is top 10.

Michigan seems hot right now. If they get past Cornell, which should be a tough game, they play Duke. Hard to know how Michigan will do.

Hopkins would get ND in the qfs if they get by Bryant. Hopkins is dangerous, but I doubt they are up to the task of beating ND.

Maryland would appear to be the biggest danger for the ACC teams. Maryland beat UVa in ot and lost to ND in 3ot earlier in the season. The Michigan game was bad, but Maryland had a strong win over JHU 2 days before it. Maryland is a bit banged up at the moment. Zappitello has been out, but Tillman said he was not out for the season. Murphy and Geppert have been banged up, but getting back. Another banged up player is Trader, who has been playing but not as much. It is fair to note that Maryland's first shot at an ACC team would be Duke in the semifinals 3 weeks hence and these guys might be on the mend by then. Also, Maryland tends to play Duke well.

PSU would be next. PSU didn't play any ACC teams but had some good wins: Cornell and Yale. Like Maryland, PSU's first chance at an ACC team in the tmt would be Duke in the semifinals. I am not that sure of Duke. Duke usually lords it over UVa and they did so twice, but Duke played a relatively weak OOC schedule, and they don't have another top 10 win. PSU is top 10.

Michigan seems hot right now. If they get past Cornell, which should be a tough game, they play Duke. Hard to know how Michigan will do.

Hopkins would get ND in the qfs if they get by Bryant. Hopkins is dangerous, but I doubt they are up to the task of beating ND.
The Michigan game was bad for MD. So was the first Michigan game. So was their game against OSU. Im sure the fans are not too happy about that first Hop game either. The bad games have added up a bit.

The offense as far as I know is in full health besides Murphy who has played more recently, and they still put up only 5 on Michigan. There has been some trouble in paradise for MD recently. Now is not the time of year to be struggling like that. I think they still have a shot, but I only think that because of their extensive experience in these spots/the return of Zappitello and the defense. Cant deny there is some trouble on the offensive end of things.

The Michigan game was bad for MD. So was the first Michigan game. So was their game against OSU. Im sure the fans are not too happy about that first Hop game either. The bad games have added up a bit.

The offense as far as I know is in full health besides Murphy who has played more recently, and they still put up only 5 on Michigan. There has been some trouble in paradise for MD recently. Now is not the time of year to be struggling like that. I think they still have a shot, but I only think that because of their extensive experience in these spots/the return of Zappitello and the defense. Cant deny there is some trouble on the offensive end of things.
The Michigan games were bad. I am not entirely sure the OSU game was so bad. It was a road game and Maryland's first visit to OSU's new stadium. OSU had beat Rutgers there 11-7 the week before and OSU was in a must win situation. It sort of seemed like that loss broke OSU.
The first Hopkins game was a 1 goal loss to the 6 seed in the NCAA tmt. Intermixed in there are two solid wins over a top 20 Rutgers team, and a convincing win over Hopkins.

I don't now about the full health thing, I think a other guys might be banged up. Tillman did mention that Maltz went to the bench in the Hopkins game because he wasn't feeling well.

Definitely some struggling on the offensive end - although the Terps did look good against Hopkins. The defense seems to have lapses. Ruppel has done a solid job, but I sometimes wonder if McNaney maybe would have made a big save or two in some of the lapses, say like in Hopkins' 6 goal 2nd quarter in the 1st game and diminished that defensive lapse some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom