2023 NFL Thread | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

Allen isn’t winning MVP unless the Bills win the division.

I think it’s McAffrey if the Niners get the number 1 seed. Been a pretty down year for QB’s overall.
I agree with that. I just don't want to see Purdy win the MVP. He's had a solid year but he basically throws short passes to #19, #11, #85 and #23. Then they break tons of tackles and Purdy's stats look wonderful.

I agree with that. I just don't want to see Purdy win the MVP. He's had a solid year but he basically throws short passes to #19, #11, #85 and #23. Then they break tons of tackles and Purdy's stats look wonderful.
He’s got great weapons, but he’s also number one in air yards per attempt by a large margin. A yard and a half over Tua.

He’s got great weapons, but he’s also number one in air yards per attempt by a large margin. A yard and a half over Tua.
Like I said, he's had a solid season but just doesn't strike me as MVP worthy. I don't think it was a coincidence when they had that bad three game stretch that Deebo Samuel was not on the field. He does a lot of damage as a RAC monster.

Not sure if it’s a weird disconnect between different websites, but NFL’s Next Gen Stats has Purdy #11 in average intended air yards per attempt and #3 in average completed air yards per attempt (should note one of the two ahead of him is Flacco who has only played a few games).

His numbers are good regardless. I don’t think that’s questionable at all. But I think a lot of QBs could do what he’s doing in that system and the same cannot be said for the QBs that are serious MVP candidates IMO (I do not consider Tua to be a serious candidate personally).

Not sure if it’s a weird disconnect between different websites, but NFL’s Next Gen Stats has Purdy #11 in average intended air yards per attempt and #3 in average completed air yards per attempt (should note one of the two ahead of him is Flacco who has only played a few games).

His numbers are good regardless. I don’t think that’s questionable at all. But I think a lot of QBs could do what he’s doing in that system and the same cannot be said for the QBs that are serious MVP candidates IMO (I do not consider Tua to be a serious candidate personally).
I don’t get it either… This was retweeted from PFF. Took me a minute to figure out who Rayne is.

Sean Payton is benching Russ for Jarrrett Stidham to provide a "spark." Also, probably want to make sure he stays healthy to move on from him...

Sean Payton is benching Russ for Jarrrett Stidham to provide a "spark." Also, probably want to make sure he stays healthy to move on from him...
Yep, also get a look at Stidham to see if he’s gonna be around as well. Oh well, no getting around it being a bad trade, actually bad contract given prior to performance. I’m with cutting bait. Next

Hypothetically, let's say the Browns win the Super Bowl with Flacco, and Flacco says he wants to run it back for one more year. Who starts Week 1 2024, Flacco or Watson? Does it have to be the guy making $46 million?

Hypothetically, let's say the Browns win the Super Bowl with Flacco, and Flacco says he wants to run it back for one more year. Who starts Week 1 2024, Flacco or Watson? Does it have to be the guy making $46 million?
Even if they lose in first round I would want Flacco over Watson.

As someone who’s a fan of a team that’s been virtually eliminated I am a big fan of the Flacco experience. He’s played 5 games and has more passing touchdowns than 4 or 5 teams. The Browns look more dangerous than KC or the AFC south winner in this years playoffs.

Hypothetically, if Flacco wins the SB does he get the Eli Manning HOF treatment?

Hypothetically, if Flacco wins the SB does he get the Eli Manning HOF treatment?
That’s a good question that I was actually thinking about earlier today. I personally don't think he has a HOF resume regardless of what happens in this years playoffs. He was only invited to one Pro Bowl (compared to four for Eli).

That’s a good question that I was actually thinking about earlier today. I personally don't think he has a HOF resume regardless of what happens in this years playoffs. He was only invited to one Pro Bowl (compared to four for Eli).
I would agree. I wonder if Kurt Warner would be a good comparison if that happened though? Kurt had about 5 seasons when he wasn't setting the world on fire and wasn't even starting at some points, before he won again with the Cardinals.

I would agree. I wonder if Kurt Warner would be a good comparison if that happened though? Kurt had about 5 seasons when he wasn't setting the world on fire and wasn't even starting at some points, before he won again with the Cardinals.
Warner is a HOF lock for me personally. Two time league MVP (which puts him in very elite company). Led the league in TDs and yards multiple times. Led two different teams to the Super Bowl. Could so easily have three rings instead of one.

JETS coach robert saleh gets comments on his seemingly IDGAF attitude on the sidelines .

"Maybe you’re not conveying what you really feel inside but you don’t seem particularly angry or upset about it,” Cimini said. “I’m wondering if you could just share what’s really churning inside of you now.”

Saleh replied, "I'm not quite sure on the question, Rich. Do you want me to throw the podium on the floor?"

i've noticed the same thing the few jet's games i've watched. dude seems to be totally disengaged .
he and aaron stand on the sidelines and chew gum and watch impassively as their team gets annihilated.

I don't know, but he'll get a statue in Cleveland, about this size:

1703877586424.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom