2023 NFL Thread | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

I know nobody cares but good God I hate fantasy. Wash missing an easy sack on 3rd down is like a 12pt swing and the 'ship when you have Moody vs Aiyuk.

IMG_0046.png

Just about every big game is decided by a call or no call. The league is well past the point of needing full time refs. Billion dollar business that basically has refs one step up from the ACC refs. It a joke.
I personally don't understand how full time refs help. There are still going to be missed calls every week. Too many rules and twenty more hours of study a week won't eliminate mistakes.

I personally don't understand how full time refs help. There are still going to be missed calls every week. Too many rules and twenty more hours of study a week won't eliminate mistakes.
Really? You can do this with many professions, it makes perfect sense, don't know why it wouldn't?

So what would they do in the office season that would help? Educate me
You concentrate on your only job, a full time job, undivided attention, you train a lot more, study a lot more. Imagine almost any job part time vs full time. How does this not make sense? More time spent on your craft the better you are. What if players had another job outside of football, and only spent half their time practicing?

You concentrate on your only job, a full time job, undivided attention, you train a lot more, study a lot more. Imagine almost any job part time vs full time. How does this not make sense? More time spent on your craft the better you are. What if players had another job outside of football, and only spent half their time practicing?
Specifically what would it entail that would improve performance on game day? We agree to disagree. My opinion is it's a tired complaint rather than addressing the big issue. Too many rules, too much protection of stripes by the league and not enough focus on streamlining reviews.

Specifically what would it entail that would improve performance on game day? We agree to disagree. My opinion is it's a tired complaint rather than addressing the big issue. Too many rules, too much protection of stripes by the league and not enough focus on streamlining reviews.
If you can't understand more time spent learning and practicing real time scenarios read; simulations and situational football, then I can't explain anymore. Game reps aren't only for players, why is it so important for them?

If you can't understand more time spent learning and practicing real time scenarios read; simulations and situational football, then I can't explain anymore. Game reps aren't only for players, why is it so important for them?
I sure hope so. I officiate high school aged sports and some of the guys who do it the most are the worst. A lot of it is due to age and fitness at all levels.The NFL really needs to get some of these guys on a diet and others to retire.

I sure hope so. I officiate high school aged sports and some of the guys who do it the most are the worst. A lot of it is due to age and fitness at all levels.The NFL really needs to get some of these guys on a diet and others to retire.
Yeah maybe there needs to be even more rules, age limits, shape, etc. but if it's broken now (which I 100% believe it is), then there's only one option to try. I mean, my personal job or many others, there's not a chance in hell you'd be better at it part time than full time with the skills it takes and the attention it deserves, I think we're seeing that in the NFL officiating circles.

Obviously not. I just tend to question things when they seem not to make much sense.
It’s like chess. Only certain pieces can move certain ways. Why can’t you do a forward pass after the line of scrimmage?

It’s like chess. Only certain pieces can move certain ways. Why can’t you do a forward pass after the line of scrimmage?

I'm not asking why certain players are ineligible to catch a pass. I'm asking why we do it by numbers and a reporting system. Their eligibility is determined by where they line up.

Goff had it and missed it but I think the kick after penalty was the better option.
Looks like they got hosed on the eligible receiver play, as the video shows #68 talking to the ref. But once it's a 2pt conversion from the 7 yd. line kick the XP and go to overtime Dan.

It's not the ref's job to check who is reporting as eligible. It is the player's job to make sure the ref knows they're eligible. 68 -obviously- did not do that.
This has shades of that NYG - WAS game last year when the Commanders WR checked with the ref, got the signal that he's onsides, then the ref throws the offsides flag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom