2023 NFL Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

LOVE going for it, but why not try hard count and then call a timeout? It seemed rushed.

Bottom 5 wideout core in the league easily. I could argue the actual worst without him.
A couple of those guys are young and will get better, but Toney and Moore look like the busts they’ve been. Valdez-Scantling is not a number 1. Watson is just a jump ball guy.

Broncos gonna win the AFC West

Chiefs will throw a huge offer at the Bucs for Evans
I doubt it. Outside of a couple seasons of TO and finding Tyreek Hill in the draft, Andy Reid has never been a big believer in spending/going after star WR's. I think he will rely on this group and hope 2 or 3 of them step up long term.

Haha they finally called it!
This is what drives me crazy about the league. Okay officials aren't calling the OT leaving early. Sucks but that's how it is going to go with this crew. ....no wait they decide to call it on a 4th down play late in the game. What? As a Bengal fan it reminded me of the defensive holding flag against our MLB at the end of the Super Bowl. IF it's a penalty call it - every time until the player stops the offensive behavior - if you aren't going to call it DO NOT drop a flag randomly on a key play of the game.

I doubt it. Outside of a couple seasons of TO and finding Tyreek Hill in the draft, Andy Reid has never been a big believer in spending/going after star WR's. I think he will rely on this group and hope 2 or 3 of them step up long term.

Andy Reid isn't the GM. They could go with developing the youth as you said, but I would be concerned about that WR group if I were a Chiefs fan. Asking a rookie and a 2nd round WR to make big strides learning one of the most complex offenses in a short amount of time is a gamble. Toney struggles to stay healthy and has drop issues (8 drops on 82 career targets.) MVS is ok, but he's ideally a depth WR.

Last edited:
Andy Reid isn't the GM. They could go with developing the youth as you said, but I would be concerned about that WR group if I were a Chiefs fan. Asking a rookie and a 2nd round WR to make big strides learning one of the most complex offenses in a short amount of time is a gamble. Toney struggles to stay healthy and has drop issues (8 drops on 82 career targets.) MVS is ok, but he's ideally a depth WR.
The GM came from the Eagles after Reid was there so you know who’s in charge of personnel.Ironically John Dorsey the GM who hired Reid now runs all of football operations for the Lions.

They could have signed Deandre Hopkins in the offseason cheaper than what Evans will cost. My guess is they will try to piece it together much like the Patriots did in the early 2010’s before Edelman and others emerged. Eventually the cap catches up to everyone and you need to rebuild some position groups.

$300 for Sunday Ticket and I can't pick my own quad box lmao I'm smoking a joint and eating McDonald's to cope with that purchase

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom