2023 NFL Thread | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

Negative. My oldest bro’s freshman year at Henninger was your senior year at Ham.

He transferred to Ham in fall of 85. We know and played with many of the Jacksons (Nick, Thanners, Sam, etc.) Great family and extremely talented soccer players!

Apologies for the sub-thread in the NFL thread!
When the sub-thread is about Nottingham, no apology is ever needed.

Tommy was a legend and I played with and against his younger brother, Jimmy.

Tony Epifani was another Northsider who was a widely known soccer talent to younger guys like me.

EDIT - Tony was more of a personality and an “acquired taste” to some of us other Italian descendants.

Thanks for the great stroll down memory lane!
Interesting. Tony was a frosh and Tommy was a soph when i was a senior so they were younger but the talent was undeniable.

Did not really know them that well.

We had great games vs Henninger. Always tough.

Concussions don't exist in the playoffs

Interesting. Tony was a frosh and Tommy was a soph when i was a senior so they were younger but the talent was undeniable.

Did not really know them that well.

We had great games vs Henninger. Always tough.
I was a ball boy for a few great city school clashes 87-90 (Ham vs Henninger or Corcoran, Fowler not so much).

I played beer league indoor with a few Greece (Rochester suburb) guys from the mid-late 80s who remembered playing against Tommy & Tony.

I was a ball boy for a few great city school clashes 87-90 (Ham vs Henninger or Corcoran, Fowler not so much).

I played beer league indoor with a few Greece (Rochester suburb) guys from the mid-late 80s who remembered playing against Tommy & Tony.
Greece Arcadia?

Yup. He and Ronnie Legette were best players on the 1982 state championship team.

I graduated with Felisha. Pure class, even in high school.
When I was in high school I watched Lonnie Legette play for Henninger (mid 70s) with Bernie Fine as the HC. He was a very good player - wound up at South Alabama.

We played them my senior year during regular season. They crushed us. Different level.

They and Henninger were A so probably played in states.
Greece had a huge Italian population, and many were first generation, back then.

Most of them have relocated to Spencerport which is a greater Rochester area soccer juggernaut.

With the Dallas loss, Lions get a home game next week, so the "ineligible receiver' kerfuffle against Dallas was ultimately inconsequential. Lions should be sending tonight's crew a bouquet of flowers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom