2023 NFL Thread | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

The fact that Brandon Staley got to be an NFL head coach this long when his NFL credentials are essentially being Vic Fango's errand boy and being carried by prime Aaron Donald for a year is wild stuff.
Does he get canned tonight or tomorrow morning?

Okay, we're in some trouble, not the best start to a game, but I still think we got this! GO CHARGERS!!!

The fact that Brandon Staley got to be an NFL head coach this long when his NFL credentials are essentially being Vic Fango's errand boy and being carried by prime Aaron Donald for a year is wild stuff.

I used to debate if he was worse than Norv, but he's putting in some work this year to prove he's worse.

We're cheap.

Really hope they don't let Staley go before Buffalo plays LAC.
Amen. I’ll be at the game and want the Bills to win but also not get banged up. That’s easier with Staley as coach because they are charmin soft.

Friend who has connections to Chargers insists Belichick to Chargers is happening and has said it for last month. I trust his sources but felt like it was more their hope to get him vs actually getting him, BUT the GM getting fired piece here is interesting. They might just offer him control of everything.

Friend who has connections to Chargers insists Belichick to Chargers is happening and has said it for last month. I trust his sources but felt like it was more their hope to get him vs actually getting him, BUT the GM getting fired piece here is interesting. They might just offer him control of everything.
Thought this may be the case. Belichick the GM has had a rough 5 years. I don't doubt he can still coach, but they really should have someone else help him pick the players.

Could say the same thing about St. Doug. Sean Payton's errand boy and carried by prime Drew Brees.

Setting the franchise record for points in one game is awesome. Doing so vs. a division rival even better.

And they’ll continue to be mired in less than mediocrity.

And they’ll continue to be mired in less than mediocrity.
Maybe, maybe not. Certainly Bill is a terrible GM. But does know how to run a defense and stay out of a good QB's way

Could say the same thing about St. Doug. Sean Payton's errand boy and carried by prime Drew Brees.
At least Doug coached d1 football and nfl for years.

Staley was literally a d3 coordinator, then went from Fangio's LB coach to Rams DC for 1 year where they won the Super Bowl thanks to prime Aaron Donald and Ramsey (along with Stafford and Kupp), and then inexplicably Chargers head coach. He couldn't have been more underqualified

Maybe, maybe not. Certainly Bill is a terrible GM. But does know how to run a defense and stay out of a good QB's way
And put his buddy in as an OC despite being a defensive guy his whole career. I’m seeing a guy at the end of the line. Herbert is good, but he’s not Brady.

And put his buddy in as an OC despite being a defensive guy his whole career. I’m seeing a guy at the end of the line. Herbert is good, but he’s not Brady.
They are also projected to be 45 million over the cap. Not exactly a great scenario for someone to jump in and retool that quickly.

At least Doug coached d1 football and nfl for years.

Staley was literally a d3 coordinator, then went from Fangio's LB coach to Rams DC for 1 year where they won the Super Bowl thanks to prime Aaron Donald and Ramsey (along with Stafford and Kupp), and then inexplicably Chargers head coach. He couldn't have been more underqualified

Eh, that's sort of been our strategy for about 20 years now - so he was qualified to coach us. Any day now it's going to pay off - acquire and/or develop massive amounts of talent, have a great QB for about a quarter century straight - and then strategically hire coaches that really suck.

Shake it all up and see what happens!

Usually a decent enough record (maybe 9-7 on average) and lead the league in under 7 point losses!!!

We may occasionally toss in a 4-12 or 5-11, but even in those years we lead the league in under 7 point losses! We're amazingly consistent.

I like watching the Vikings because they remind me of the Chargers so much. Usually they have a pretty good roster, but consistently do everything imaginable via unforced errros to take an L.

I like watching the Vikings because they remind me of the Chargers so much. Usually they have a pretty good roster, but consistently do everything imaginable via unforced errros to take an L.

Two horrific turnovers deep inside Cincy territory was funny.

This would be like having a dinosaur run the human genome project

Nice play calls by Minnesota there. Let's use a tiny slot receiver to push the QB on a sneak. Need Cincy to win by a FG to salvage a push here.

Thanks Vikings. Failing the highest probability play in football twice in a row. Good work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom