2023 NFL Thread | Page 85 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

Allen is such a Mahomes. He fake slides and fakes going out of bounds enough in the games I watch where I feel like they shouldn't get those calls.

Especially cuz they sooooo spaz out when they get touched.
not a Bills fan?

Last edited:
not a Bills fan?

Eh, I was rooting for them the past few years. For some reason this year I don't find them as likable. Maybe tired of Josh Allen? Not sure why exactly tbh.

I really don't like the "fake sliding" QBs. lol

I am a Chargers fan though - and I even hate them a little for moving to LA!

Eh, I was rooting for them the past few years. For some reason this year I don't find them as likable. Maybe tired of Josh Allen? Not sure why exactly tbh.

I’m neutral but thought that deserved a flag.

The picks weren’t great, but the Cowboys weren’t winning that game with prime Tom Brady at QB yesterday. Dan Quinn as a head coaching candidate is laughable. The defense got smoked. Rex was all over it this morning.

They had 80 something passing yards in the first half. That's not on the D.

Every single big game this year the offense can't get going exposing the defense even more. This was the same.

And those 2 picks should have been 4 but GB dropped them.

And Rex is a clown.

I won’t dispute that, but it’s interesting to me that Dak had the same playoff resume Peyton Manning had his first 8 years as a starter which included multiple blowouts as well. The only difference is media and fans made excuses for Manning.

Did Peyton have a habit of not showing up in every big game every single season? This year alone SF, Buffalo, Miami and then GB the offense is a total no show. That's on Dak.

I think people are missing the point with Dak.

You are correct. The defense was hideous and the reason they lost.

But this is the difference between Dak and a great QB. The score was 20-0. (7 of those points thanks to a Dak INT) Your defense was awful, your offense was awful. You are driving with a chance to score before half and get the ball back before half. Pick 6. You just gut punched the whole team with that.

Brady was famously down 28-3 vs ATL. If NE loses that game surely no one blames him, but we know what happened.

Two other games I can think of where the teams lost was Hurts vs KC last year and Allen vs KC in the famous 13 second game. Those QBs KEPT their teams in that game. Dak didn't.

One Dak is down two scores the game is over. He needs a sports psychologist.

I'm with you. I hate tough guy acting QBs who are protected by over the top riculous offensive rules acting like he does. The D has no idea if he's going to slide or try to run through them.

His teammates know it too.

"concern that Dak panics when 1st read not there"

I'm with you. I hate tough guy acting QBs who are protected by over the top riculous offensive rules acting like he does. The D has no idea if he's going to slide or try to run through them.
LOL, he slid early on that play. It was a completely moronic decision by Jack to contact him. Not sure what QB isn't getting that call, in that situation.

The NFL won't do it, but they should remove protections for running QBs. If you gonna run, take the hit.
QBs do not have any special protections when running the ball.

Those LB's suck. DB's aren't any better.

As an Iggles' fan, I can't even work up any anger.

Just want the season to be over.

QBs do not have any special protections when running the ball.
Fair. They need to get rid of sliding then. I know skill players can slide as well.

Hurts handling the blitz like a freshman college QB is something.

The defense scheme appears to be "hope the other team drops the ball".

I honestly have no idea what their DBs are trying to achieve. Bradberry should have been benched 6 weeks ago.
The defense has two big problems: the coaching is awful and the personnel (mainly the back seven) is hideous. That last part is on Howie.

If Brian Johnson is employed by the end of the week I'll be shocked. Only question is whether Sirianni will get fired.

Hurts handling the blitz like a freshman college QB is something.
Yup and it doesn't help to go empty backfield when u know the blitz is coming.- JH has always been weak at picking up the blitz.

Those LB's suck. DB's aren't any better.

As an Iggles' fan, I can't even work up any anger.

Just want the season to be over.
Defense also looks like they just want to go home.

Defense also looks like they just want to go home.
I wonder if the NFL keeps stats on missed tackles. BTW, this is on Howie. He's never placed much of a priority on LB's. He at least should have resigned TJ Edwards.

LOL, he slid early on that play. It was a completely moronic decision by Jack to contact him. Not sure what QB isn't getting that call, in that situation.

Are people calling Allen’s stutter step on that run a “fake slide?” Have they never watched sports before? And the late hit was a textbook late hit. Laughable takes by salty haters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom