2023 NFL Thread | Page 97 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

You can make a solid argument that either team should be up by two scores haha

Kelce will put the nail in the coffin on third down and I am going to eat a mountain of Taco Bell

After KC lost to the Raiders on Christmas day there was a guy on the Ringer Gambling show named Raheem Palmer who said take KC to win it all. They were in the 9-1, 10-1 range. The argument was getting Mahomes at that price was a great value and they're in the weaker conference. I got them for $50 at 9.5-1. I'm hoping Detroit wins tonight so I can get plus money on a hedge.

Ugh Lamar is my favorite non-Patriot ever by FAR and I thought this was the year. Now have to listen to idiots spew bs about him for another year.

I'm very sad.

The best is how he acted like he did something on that reception. Completely blown coverage and he was wide ass open. You could have caught that pass

That last cutback seemed idiotic too - go for the end zone rather than running back into 3 more defenders

Gene straight up lying. Saying contact was made after the int. it clearly wasnt

Thank you. That was bizarre.

We are literally watching it. haha How do you say it was before, he had full on tackled him to the ground b4 the pass was intercepted.

I didn't care because it was a God awful pass that deserved to be intercepted... but c'mon. We have eyes!

Niners have more talent than KC and way more discipline than the Ravens. Detroit could get into a shootout to beat KC.
I see KC winning the Supe. Better QB, better HC and better defense, no matter who they play. That said, would love to see Detroit win it all but that feels like a long shot.

As much as I like them, I'm all Chiefsed-out. Been there, seen that.

Was hoping for something different, but the Ravens beat themselves.

- I've never been a fan of tanking the last game in preparation for the playoffs. You can't just turn it off and on.

- Baltimore's defense rallied to match KC in the second half but the offense kept making mistakes and that cost the Ravens the game.

- So did the Raven's lack of poise.

- The minute Romo said that the Raven's "needed some of that magic from Lamar", I knew they weren't going to win. Jackson's great but he's a little like Judah Mintz: if he's trying to do it all, it means the rest of the team isn't doing enough. They dominated all those good teams by dominating in every way, not by Lamar making great plays.

- The best pass defense, as always, is a good pass rush. Coach Fran understands this and that's why he recruited all those 'edge' guys.

After KC lost to the Raiders on Christmas day there was a guy on the Ringer Gambling show named Raheem Palmer who said take KC to win it all. They were in the 9-1, 10-1 range. The argument was getting Mahomes at that price was a great value and they're in the weaker conference. I got them for $50 at 9.5-1. I'm hoping Detroit wins tonight so I can get plus money on a hedge.
I thought all year they were dangerous just with the QB + defense. "But WR drops..." seems like a stupid reason to count a team out given how not predictive that is, in a league where everyone is flawed...

That Raider game really made me think it's not their year. Go thru the Patriots 20 year reign. They never ever ever lost to a crappy division team at home at the end of the year when they were playing for seeding. When they finally did (Fitzmagic in 2019) it was over for them.

- I've never been a fan of tanking the last game in preparation for the playoffs. You can't just turn it off and on.

- Baltimore's defense rallied to match KC in the second half but the offense kept making mistakes and that cost the Ravens the game.

- The minute Romo said that the Raven's "needed some of that magic from Lamar", I knew they weren't going to win. Jackson's great but he's a little like Judah Mintz: if he's trying to do it all, it means the rest of the team isn't doing enough. They dominated all those good teams by dominating in every way, not by Lamar making great plays.

- The best pass defense, as always, is a good pass rush. Coach Fran understands this and that's why he recruited all those 'edge' guys.
Baltimore lost more than KC won. If KC just kneeled down every play after their two touchdowns they still win.

It’s just impossible to overcome a 3-0 turnover differential against a team with this much playoff experience.

Not a great sign for the rest of the AFC when Buffalo and Baltimore can’t even beat the worst Chiefs team since Mahomes took over as starter.

Amazing that Andy Reid and his staff could take that team and turn them into a combination of Lombardi's running game and defense and Bill Walsh's West Coast passing attack and beat their biggest rivals on the road.

I wish he had done as well for Donovan in the Philly days.

Amazing that Andy Reid and his staff could take that team and turn them into a combination of Lombardi's running game and defense and Bill Walsh's West Coast passing attack and beat their biggest rivals on the road.

Well, he would have if the Pats hadn't stolen their signals...

Not a great sign for the rest of the AFC when Buffalo and Baltimore can’t even beat the worst Chiefs team since Mahomes took over as starter.
The one thing they do have is a defense that is better than any they've had in the Mahomes era.

KC made it to this game largely thanks to being able to take the last week off while Buffalo & Miami were going to war suffering catastrophic injuries.
But ya some people think it's dumb to not rest guys when you have the bye which I don't fully agree with.

Five trips to the NFC championship game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom