2023 NY Mets thread | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NY Mets thread

MSN

3 prospects the Mets could promote to compete the rest of the season​

MSN

3 prospects the Mets could promote to compete the rest of the season​

Ronny just started playing 3B. Hit an HR his first game there I believe. The plan is to move him between 3B, SS and 2B the rest of the season.

Disagree on this. Wish he was concentrating on OF.

It would not be a bad idea to see what Lavender can do at the MLB level. That kid has guts and heart.

Lucchesi is coming off an injury and doing rehab starts in the lower minors. He should be back at least to Syracuse shortly.

Ronny just started playing 3B. Hit an HR his first game there I believe. The plan is to move him between 3B, SS and 2B the rest of the season.

Disagree on this. Wish he was concentrating on OF.

It would not be a bad idea to see what Lavender can do at the MLB level. That kid has guts and heart.

Lucchesi is coming off an injury and doing rehab starts in the lower minors. He should be back at least to Syracuse shortly.

Blame Baty. Vientos and Mendek are not the answer in New York.

In the history of baseball no player had ever had 2 hr 5 rbi game three times in 2 weeks until Pete did it.. Then he hit a HR early in the last 2 games and had a shot to do it the 4th time.

In the history of baseball no player had ever had 2 hr 5 rbi game three times in 2 weeks until Pete did it.. Then he hit a HR early in the last 2 games and had a shot to do it the 4th time.
When he is going good, he is a hell of a force. It is a shame he got hit hard on the hand. That bone bruise put him on the IL and he wasn't right from it for a long time.

He went on the IL June 8th.

Polar Bear.png

Without that, he might be making a run at 60 HS this year. And I think his batting average would be over .250.

When he is going good, he is a hell of a force. It is a shame he got hit hard on the hand. That bone bruise put him on the IL and he wasn't right from it for a long time.

He went on the IL June 8th.

View attachment 230067

Without that, he might be making a run at 60 HS this year. And I think his batting average would be over .250.

But his slump started before that. When the Mets were 14-7 on April 21st, Pete was batting .293 with 10HR.

But his slump started before that. When the Mets were 14-7 on April 21st, Pete was batting .293 with 10HR.

Kind of. His batting average was down some but he was still hitting for power fine. He has had long periods where his batting average is below .250 before.

His HR numbers for June and July were vastly down. Don’t remember him struggling to hit HRs like that before.

And he hit .152 for a month!

The Mets out-baserunnered the Braves tonight, 16-14. :)

Unfortunately none of ours scored and 7 of theirs did. :(

A new mlb top 100 prospects list came out yesterday. 5 Met prospects on it.

Acuna was the highest rated at #40.

Mauricio hit 2 HRs last night. Appears to be getting hot again. Baty continues to hit well since he got sent down.

Lindor missed his first game of the year with soreness in his right side. If this turns out to be an IL thing, the Mets have little choice but to call up Ronny. Could make watching the Mets a lot more interesting.

Nido has been taking in Syracuse and has his BA over .300. It is a shame they couldn’t move Narvaez at the deadline.

Nido is better.

Last edited:
They put out a Spring Training lineup today.

Perfectly said:

The only games I would think of going to the rest of the season would be the Angels series to see Ohtani. And that will probably be the last time we see Ohtani at Citi Field for a long time because why would he ever want to come to this franchise?

The only games I would think of going to the rest of the season would be the Angels series to see Ohtani. And that will probably be the last time we see Ohtani at Citi Field for a long time because why would he ever want to come to this franchise?
That's the only series I'm considering going to as well and that's because it's my birthday weekend otherwise I wouldn't give this organization another dollar.

They put out a Spring Training lineup today.

Perfectly said:

This series: Braves 20 Mets 0. Then Vogelbach hits a three-run homer. Then Mendick gives up and 8 run inning. In our place. Fun stuff.

This series: Braves 20 Mets 0. Then Vogelbach hits a three-run homer. Then Mendick gives up and 8 run inning. In our place. Fun stuff.
We already were down Marte, and Canha and Pham and Escobar have been traded. Baty is in the minors trying to remember how to hit.

Buck rested Alvarez and Nimmo the first game and yes, Lindor was out too. They called up a minor league pitcher who I believe had an ERA above 5 in AAA. This was to be expected.

At least in the second game, Alvarez and Nimmo are expected to play. Nimmo looked like he could barely run yesterday, and he has been a mess for a month or more, so I have low expectations for him.

Looks like the Braves are just pitching around Pete, which is smart.

Maybe Alvarez will come through.

It was nice to see Vogelbach look better. Vientos has made a few good plays at 3B and looks like he might be better than he looked his first couple of games there.

DJ Stewart should never be out there trying to play OF, No range at all. But Almonte appears to be even worse in LF. At least Stewart has a somewhat decent arm.

This is really hard to watch. Glad I am going to the SU soccer exhibition tonight instead.

The players put him in this position.
Didn't he sign off on Eppler's off-season moves of which included optionable bullpen arms instead of vets? Cohen is as much to blame for what has happened this year as seen by the emphasis on analytics like 2021 when last year's team didn't use them and had Eric Chavez as the hitting coach.

The Mets season looks like Lahaina. Amid the rubble, Quintana has looked good with a 3.03 ERA, (but an 0-4 record that hardly seems his fault).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom