2023 PGA Tour | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2023 PGA Tour

RBC Canadian Open. This morning, I put money on two Canadians, Corey Connors (+1400) and Adam Hadwin (+4500). No jinx for CC as he opened up with a nice -5 round. Hadwin playing this afternoon.
Guess I put money on the wrong Canadian but was rooting for Taylor down the stretch. Great, great story. Congrats to all of Canada.

Never should have been a playoff. Fleetwood is the modern day Monty when it comes to choke artistry.
I don't know. Fleetwood shot a 67 today and birdied 2 of the last 3 holes.If you want to label someone who has really struggled in the final rounds, you need to call out Rory. 38 on the front 9 took him right out of contention.

I don't know. Fleetwood shot a 67 today and birdied 2 of the last 3 holes.If you want to label someone who has really struggled in the final rounds, you need to call out Rory. 38 on the front 9 took him right out of contention.
Agree. Rory gets a pass on his weekend shakes.

Agree. Rory gets a pass on his weekend shakes.
That's been surprising in the post Covid seasons. His Majors MO pre 2020 was barely make the cut and have a great garbage time Sunday to sneak into the top 10.

About an hour into my handicapping I almost said "This is stupid I should just put 2 units on Scottie because if he isn't a bottom 25% putter this week he is going to win." I didn't because losing sleep over a dude on an all-time T2G run missing putts left and right doesn't seem enjoyable.

I really, really wanted to bet Rory this week but just couldn't get there.

Spread some units around on:
Cantlay 18/1
Xander 18/1 (love him this week)
Hatton 28/1
Hideki 45/1
Si Woo Kim 75/1
Henley 100/1.

Really excited to watch this weekend and the late golf on the east coast is nice since I am starting a new gig tomorrow. Lol

About an hour into my handicapping I almost said "This is stupid I should just put 2 units on Scottie because if he isn't a bottom 25% putter this week he is going to win." I didn't because losing sleep over a dude on an all-time T2G run missing putts left and right doesn't seem enjoyable.

I really, really wanted to bet Rory this week but just couldn't get there.

Spread some units around on:
Cantlay 18/1
Xander 18/1 (love him this week)
Hatton 28/1
Hideki 45/1
Si Woo Kim 75/1
Henley 100/1.

Really excited to watch this weekend and the late golf on the east coast is nice since I am starting a new gig tomorrow. Lol

I don’t think he misses more putts than others, so much as he doesn’t make many in the 15+ foot range.
If you merged him and Spieth (or anyone known to drop bombs) it would be beyond Tiger-esque.

I don’t think he misses more putts than others, so much as he doesn’t make many in the 15+ foot range.
If you merged him and Spieth (or anyone known to drop bombs) it would be beyond Tiger-esque.
Watching him have great approach shots from > 175 yards then missing 10-15 foot putts would kill me. If he is even average from that range everyone else is probably playing for second.

Should be fun

nice to see him win after playing well for a long stretch to get back up the rankings. top 10 in money top 35 in the world top 8 in fed ex now.

nice to see him win after playing well for a long stretch to get back up the rankings. top 10 in money top 35 in the world top 8 in fed ex now.

Agreed, though I was pulling for Hadwin
maple leaf.jpg

before the tournament teed off I got Schenk and Aberg at 30-1 and Cole 33-1 for 20 bucks each. This morning I threw $100 on Cam Young at 2-1. Also Syracuse native Kevin Roy is starting round 3 at T5, 3 shots behind the leader.

LPGA at pebble is huge and you would hardly know its a thing.. Still they bumped up the pay checks for something no one is watching.

I'm really hoping Rose Zhang becomes Tigeresque as the LPGA needs a really big huge American star. Especially if Nelly Korda continues to have injury woes. Right now you look at the leaderboard and its a bunch of young Asian girls. Nothing wrong with that, but hard for the average Joe to identify. I have become a big fan of Ayaka Furue, the young Japanese star. She weighs like 115 dripping wet, so doesn't hit the ball a ton, but has a great short game.

A couple americans hanging in.

Tardy in 3rd has 1 top 50 all yr and was leading until the one bad hole yesterday.
Corpuz has 2 good events all yr but manage to get 15th in the page a couple weeks ago. A top finish today and she could about double her career earnings

the shot tracer for the first time does show you the real shot stats though.. Most of these drives carry about 200-230 but they are getting 40-60 yds of roll on several holes.

The real issue many have with this course is they dont give you the free run ups on as many holes as a normal LPGA course and they struggle with carry shots much over 175.

The speed is at 11 so these are really slow greens which is good because so far they have been lucky with just a small bit of wind.

The amount of commercials on PGA broadcasts is ridiculous

Lmao I have Todd, Kirk and McCarthy on my card this week and I can flush them all because fatty Straka is going to shoot a 58 today. Just ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom