2023 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Preseason Camp Thread

Pretty sure you can find the link on this site in the “three weeks to go” thread.
If it’s the video I commented on in that thread, I think that you may be right.

That #2 receiver spot in terms of production has to hit. I don't know the rules about what we can post for a paywalled articled, so I'll keep it brief - there is so much opportunity to be that #2 person, but it's also a little scary that it's not readily apparent yet. And Babers comment about if a top 2 can be established early, he'd like to get an established top 4...

It's right there for the taking for these guys. Right there. But that's a little concerning that it's not set yet. I have faith it will be, but right now, I'm just glad that LQA came back because I think he helps take the pressure off the WR unit as a whole to basically swap in for one of those ideal top four.

I’ve been saying that since last year, as far as, the #2 spot is there for the taking with tons of opportunities and Alford didn’t take advantage of it. If he still hasn’t at the point, with the season to start…..

I’ve been saying that since last year, as far as, the #2 spot is there for the taking with tons of opportunities and Alford didn’t take advantage of it. If he still hasn’t at the point, with the season to start…..
Alford looks like he is in awesome shape. He is cut buffed right out there. 6"-6" and 225 lbs. and all muscle. He should have a monster year. Along with I. Jones and OGII I would say that there should be enough balls to open up a air attack.

Alford looks like he is in awesome shape. He is cut buffed right out there. 6"-6" and 225 lbs. and all muscle. He should have a monster year. Along with I. Jones and OGII I would say that there should be enough balls to open up a air attack.
I hope so. I don't think measurables have been what has held him back to this point, so hopefully he has figured everything else out. If he has, we could have a few monsters onnthe field at the same time.

I hope so. I don't think measurables have been what has held him back to this point, so hopefully he has figured everything else out. If he has, we could have a few monsters on the field at the same time.

Very, very encouraging to hear that the WR corps is looking good. Jones, Alford, and Pena are experienced. Sounds like Long is stepping up, as well. Hatcher, Adams and Brown are also on pace to contribute this year.

LOTS more to this unit than just OG. Teams are going to pay the price for doubling OG and daring us to throw elsewhere.
Been hearing that continuously since camp opened. Multiple players poised to step up. Can’t wait to see how it shakes out. I was told two summers ago that Hatcher had the highest ceiling of any WR on the roster, including OG. Just needed to get stronger.

Dino, starting his postgame press conference in Chapel Hill.

543769a6-51cb-4fe1-9fbd-06179e429e71_text.gif
Anyone looking for an easy like just needs to reference Blazing Saddles, Airplane or Animal House. Can usually score with Caddyshack, Stripes or Young Frankenstein too.

Anyone looking for an easy like just needs to reference Blazing Saddles, Airplane or Animal House. Can usually score with Caddyshack, Stripes or Young Frankenstein too.
Springsteen also works but you run the risk of getting a couple of red stilettos from the kids. ;)

Very, very encouraging to hear that the WR corps is looking good. Jones, Alford, and Pena are experienced. Sounds like Long is stepping up, as well. Hatcher, Adams and Brown are also on pace to contribute this year.

LOTS more to this unit than just OG. Teams are going to pay the price for doubling OG and daring us to throw elsewhere.

It's amazing that young kids (freshman) or showing out better as upperclassman. Who knew. ;-)

I also like to keep Trading Places, Fletch, Ferris Bueller, Dumb & Dumber, Seinfeld on speed dial.

Caddyshack has its own folder on my phone.
Just watched Painkiller on Netflix. Not sure what was more depressing, the opioid crisis or the fact that Ferris Bueller can now play an old man!

Just watched Painkiller on Netflix. Not sure what was more depressing, the opioid crisis or the fact that Ferris Bueller can now play an old man!
Is that the one with Mr. Mom in it as well?

I, as a female, have no issue with Emily being referred to as a girl. Especially as the definition of a girl also refers to a young woman.
It's not "girl." It's referring to her like she's a child.

Addition: Any male radio host, beat writer, or grad student who has come through and is around the same age hasn't received the same level of condescension. Criticism? Sure. Condescension? No.

I, as a female, have no issue with Emily being referred to as a girl. Especially as the definition of a girl also refers to a young woman.
Can't wait for you to refer to the SU football players as "boys."

It's not "girl." It's referring to her like she's a child.

Addition: Any male radio host, beat writer, or grad student who has come through and is around the same age hasn't received the same level of condescension. Criticism? Sure. Condescension? No.
Sorry you are apparently offended. I still call my 37 year old daughter “my little girl.” That’s the context this was intended in. Emily will be judged in the pantheon of some fine journalists over the history of the Syracuse newspapers sports pages. We have been critical of her youth and relative experience in the past. I am hopeful that the cited piece shows she is growing into the role.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom