2023 Schedule Guesses | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule Guesses

Ooof, two outdoor games in Burlington, VT in the month of February.

Only 4 away games! Surely college crosse will be trashing their program any second now! What a cowardly soft weak unfair move!

Lol, no, for any other team, too many home games is a good thing that should be celebrated! Can't make this stuff up.

Lol, no, for any other team, too many home games is a good thing that should be celebrated! Can't make this stuff up.

Hmm. We get Harvard, Richmond, ND, Duke, SU, and potentially Maryland. I'm in no way saying it's the best home slate of any team, but it's got to be at least as good as Princeton's.

It’s like a terrible motocross helmet. It looks so weird without the mask.
The roots of the original sport helmet cascade was actually in Whitewater rafting, hence the name cascade. I actually had one of their white water helmets with a half shield attached for men’s league hockey for a few years when they were designing the orignal
Cascade lacrosse helmet. Definitely got some looks and comments for that one.

Location of UNC game announced - Good Council High School in Olney, MD. 2:00 PM start time:

I think Dancel Field is what they plan on using, looks kind of underwhelming for a DI lacrosse game to be honest. Sounds like they will have a broadcast option.

Location of UNC game announced - Good Council High School in Olney, MD. 2:00 PM start time:

I think Dancel Field is what they plan on using, looks kind of underwhelming for a DI lacrosse game to be honest. Sounds like they will have a broadcast option.

OrangeinDC knows it well.

Frankly that's weird. If they were going to use a high school there are scores of better fields.

Much better options in the DMV.
for sure. but even if they played at a better venue i'm not sure i totally get the whole "it's good for recruiting" argument. the DMV area is already very well acquainted with the teams and coaches of both programs. in fact i think playing at a venue that's beneath these teams actually makes them seem kinda...cheap? i dunno. i don't think it's the best look. not to mention both UNC and Cuse already have other games in maryland this year (at homewood and college park, respectively). the fact that it's at a random high school in olney makes me question it even more.

So regarding what Chris is saying here could they not have done a double header with the women that day? If the baseball and softball teams are both playing at home is it impossible for one more lacrosse game on campus? I find this really bizarre but as a fan in Maryland I do appreciate another opportunity to see Syracuse in person this season!

I have been to football games there. Great atmosphere - will be able to 5K plus easy. Plenty of spots to pregame as well.

UNC does have a lot of players from Maryland and NoVa, and also a number of players from PA - and this will be a nice opportunity for their families to see them play without making a long trip.

OrangeinDC knows it well.

Frankly that's weird. If they were going to use a high school there are scores of better fields.
My son graduated from GC and we live about 10 minutes away. The school, campus and fields are very nice and it's a newer school (a relocated campus). All that being said, there are a lot of better options in the DMV area... but it's no dump at all.

for sure. but even if they played at a better venue i'm not sure i totally get the whole "it's good for recruiting" argument. the DMV area is already very well acquainted with the teams and coaches of both programs. in fact i think playing at a venue that's beneath these teams actually makes them seem kinda...cheap? i dunno. i don't think it's the best look. not to mention both UNC and Cuse already have other games in maryland this year (at homewood and college park, respectively). the fact that it's at a random high school in olney makes me question it even more.
GC is a far from random. It's one of the WCAC schools which include DeMatha, Gonzaga, Paul VI, St Johns, etc.. Still an odd choice other than location and proximity to B'More and DC. It's kind of in the middle.

GC is a far from random. It's one of the WCAC schools which include DeMatha, Gonzaga, Paul VI, St Johns, etc.. Still an odd choice other than location and proximity to B'More and DC. It's kind of in the middle.
it's pretty random. they're not one of the better teams in the WCAC and they don't send very many players to D1 schools. photos of the venue online look unbecoming for a significant ACC conference rivalry game that could have playoff implications. does not look like there is a ton of seating, and what bleachers they do have are a mile from the field because of the track.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom