2023 Schedule | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule

The only justification for this would be if the ACC said our TV partner demands a game in NYC and because you do among the least for football you are being forced to do this.
I don’t think this is the case and Wildhack just wanted a fundraiser game and took a paycheck from the Yankees. This screws STHs.

The ONLY justification I can think of is - the university knows that Syracuse has 2 road games to end the year (or 1 road game before and 1 after this depending on the basketball schedule) and moving this game (somehow) allows for seats to get torn up in time for basketball season. I doubt it, because that doesn’t seem like nearly enough time but we shall see…

Seats won’t be done until summer of 24 I’ve heard

and if that was the reason, SAY IT. If they blamed it on a renovation, I would oblige.
Yeah I mean if the honest driver here was being able to start the seat swap, all you need to do is send an email saying that and as a show of gratitude we will yadda yadda, yadda yadda. It's easy and done. That is at least something I can be like "Ok not great but new seats, one time thing and no biggie. "

Yeah I mean if the honest driver here was being able to start the seat swap, all you need to do is send an email saying that and as a show of gratitude we will yadda yadda, yadda yadda. It's easy and done. That is at least something I can be like "Ok not great but new seats, one time thing and no biggie. "

It’s not about that…..that’s why they didn’t

Why are we the only ones dumb enough to move our home games?
Well, Notre Dame does it regularly.

Completely disagree with this move and feel disrespected, but Wildhack isn’t dumb. Got to think the money is huge and we are still reeling from 2020 while other programs have cut staff and even sports. Also possible that there is a rumored major event coming to the Dome in the fall that impacts the date.

Still feel betrayed though.

Im not saying it is the reason, just that it would be the only justification I would understand.

Right, and I’m saying that I can promise you that was not the reason

That would have been an acceptable answer for sure

The only way I would be OK with doing this game at Yankee Stadium is if it was a one year neutral site game for both teams and then we resumed the normal home and home rotation in 2024 with us playing in the Dome.

Yep, JW wouldn’t agree to something on a whim, there is a reason for it and it’s highly probable $$$$$$$ are involved.

Absolutely about $$$$$$$$

The question is, how many locals and season ticket holders have you alienated?

You just lost A LOT of good faith with CNYers

So when was this bright idea first brought up? You would think that this game has been in the making for awhile, so why exactly did we push to be in the Pinstripe Bowl?

2 years ago. Mark Holtzman, VP of non baseball sporting events at Yankee Stadium, brought it up to Wildhack.

FnvLqApXEAAl4ax
Might be the only way to fill the stadium in 2023 - tickets for 15 cents! If they really wanted it to be a throwback they should do that!!!!

Well, Notre Dame does it regularly.

Completely disagree with this move and feel disrespected, but Wildhack isn’t dumb. Got to think the money is huge and we are still reeling from 2020 while other programs have cut staff and even sports. Also possible that there is a rumored major event coming to the Dome in the fall that impacts the date.

Still feel betrayed though.

I have a different date for that, unless there are two things...

It better be for a metric s-ton of money to endure the PR damage they're going to suffer. And I still doubt it's worth it.

This program has no margin for error, both on the field and off. This seems to be a huge unforced error that impacts both.

BTW the whole concept is kind of dumb. How can you have an anniversary game for a stadium that no longer exists?
We should have just done a very respectful ceremony in the parking lot there that was once the home to the first game.

Then we should have pushed for any Bowl but Fenway/Pinstripe last season.

BTW the whole concept is kind of dumb. How can you have an anniversary game for a stadium that no longer exists?
Exactly what I was thinking. If it was the same stadium, the concept might kinda make sense although I would still hate it.

And it would be just my luck that someone would catch the snitch in the first minute of the game I went to.
Per Carmelo back in the day, we all know what snitches get … lol

Let's see if the Yanks want to play a retro game at McCarther (or whatever it's called now) vs the Mets and that will be the payback as only the season ticket holders can go in a lottery system because they used to be the Chiefs parent team years ago. And I am talking the actual Yanks/Mets, not the AAA. A real game.

Leon Lowery complaining about the field conditions on his instagram story about this game

Got to believe not even the players are excited about this…..
And it's a fair complaint. Those of us who watched the game knew within minutes that the surface shouldn't have been played on. Now imagine having to play on that for three hours. Both squads looked like they were on ice initially trying to get a feel for what was underneath them.

The only saving grace for this game no longer being a home game is that I just found out my niece is getting married in Dallas that weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom