2023 Spring Game Friday April 21st | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Spring Game Friday April 21st

uh... CD-RW wasn't here for last year's spring game.

Stoked to see Hatcher with another spring TD just now tho.
We have some really good recievers OG, Hatcher, Jones, Brown , Alford and Adams. We now have to spread the ball around.

uh... CD-RW wasn't here for last year's spring game.

Stoked to see Hatcher with another spring TD just now tho.
You’re right, my bad. I was thinking of Villari. My point though is that once again Lamson looks like the best QB in a Spring Game even though that’s not where he is on the depth chart.

I said that ( during his recruitment) and after we locked him up.
It was obvious during warm ups at last years spring game. Kid spins the ball better than anyone on the hill in a long time

It’s obvious that OG is far and away best WR, no one else can touch his impact. Alford seems to just not have “it”. He’s good don’t get me wrong but didn’t have enough wiggle to take the next step IMO. I know it’s just spring game but let’s see hope he proves me wrong. Wish we had another dog in the WR room other than OG.

Random thoughts - Lequint is good. Lamson is good. Darton is great. David O freshman on DL is going to be good. A ton of unknowns on DB room for me, we have potential , but I didn’t see anyone who stood out. Escobar is oddly legit, like he can contribute if needed - good to know. Price/lequint I think will be a solid combo attack.

WR thoughts - Isaiah Jones I think is best chance of being WR2 after OG. Peña is shifty just doesn’t seem to make consistent plays, but we know he can make people miss. Look forward to seeing Demarcus Adams back - I want to see him in the rotation for sure. Looks like Kendall long, Donavan brown and Hatcher will be fighting for relief positions at wide out. I think we really need one of those guys to step it up if we want the air attack to thrive.

Last edited:
Alford dropped his first pass...but then seemed to settle in.
The sideline catch where he toe-dragged showed the talent this guy has.
So we have to get that first drop out of his system. EASY!
Syracuse defers to the 2nd half for the opening kickoff.
The opposition lines up in a typical receiving formation.
As Denaburg is taking his time teeing the ball up, you have Alford
run a pattern through the opposition's formation and have Del Rio Wilson
throw him a bullet from the sideline...catch or drop,now Alford is ready.

WR as a group looked real good. Didn’t like seeing Bleich on crutches. Kid can’t catch a break. We really need him. We lost our 2 best OL and need as much depth as possible and hope someone really steps up.
Looks like one crutch with a wrap, could be minor.

Offense begins with a snap and I didn't see one bad one.

Hope Allen doesn't get overused because I can see why it's tempting to do so. Have a feeling about Parkman being really good.

CDRW is like wildthing and needs to warm up better or something and get that arm under control, lots of potential.

Alford over the middle seems to struggle but sideline wise is solid. Saw more crisp routes for a lot of WR's after a while and running to gaps in the D which was good.

The new SU Athletics website is borderline unusable. Who makes these decisions??
I think they wanted it to look more like the flagship university site.

CDRW is a thrower, Lamson is a passer, if that makes any sense. That's the way it looks to me. Lamson is a natural QB.
I saw this in him last year in spring game. He is backup this year then starter the next. He throws guys open who are covered well.

Lamson is gonna press Shrader. The Nunes article declaring Lamson ahead of CDRW appears accurate.
I didn’t think it was gonna be close honestly. Lamson just seams relaxed back there ya know.

I didn’t think it was gonna be close honestly. Lamson just seams relaxed back there ya know.
Tommy DeVito proved to me, you can't just go off practice and a golden arm. Need to see Justin perform in live action, versus a real opponent. Can he hold up physically, and will the game speed not be too quick for him, still need to be answered. Fingers crossed though.

&8

if it was the Shrader from two years ago, sure.

Shrader is a plus athlete, multi year starter, showed remarkable improvement last year. He is not getting pushed by anyone on this roster.
Agree. Barring a devastating injury to Shrader, no other QB will take a snap this year.

Offense begins with a snap and I didn't see one bad one.

Hope Allen doesn't get overused because I can see why it's tempting to do so. Have a feeling about Parkman being really good.

CDRW is like wildthing and needs to warm up better or something and get that arm under control, lots of potential.

Alford over the middle seems to struggle but sideline wise is solid. Saw more crisp routes for a lot of WR's after a while and running to gaps in the D which was good.
You liked Parkman? Did Daniels play, I personally like Daniels a bit more than Parkman but didn't seem to remember him in this Spring game.

I saw this in him last year in spring game. He is backup this year then starter the next. He throws guys open who are covered well.
Interested to know what you saw in the game that gave you that impression

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom