2023 Transfer Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Transfer Thread

Couldn't find a great answer online but i think transferring this late at West Point means he owes them some money. It's probably been a tough year for him.

It can potentially mean that yes, I think there are some caveats though and its not always pursued. Seems very complex

Encouraging that Syracuse seems to be in the running at least. I imagine every team in the country is reaching out to him right now. He would instantly improve the defense and be the true alpha defender SU has lacked since the last West Genny guy was around (Nick Mellen).

Credit to to the Syracuse media for reaching out and getting the scoop.

SU does have a Masters of Science in Engineering Management, not sure how rare of a graduate program that is though.

Ya good to know they aren't dismissing SU out of hand. Feels like his recruitment is wide open though so the hometown team won't be getting any favors. SU has a head start with not being in the tourney, hope were jumping on it.

You can leave the Naval Academy during your first two years without penalty. If you leave after your Junior year begins, you have to reimburse the government for the cost of your education.

Don't know how USMA or USAFA works.

For some reason I seem to recall us recruiting Kirst out of HS but perhaps my memory is misplaced. A solid player but I am unclear if SU is going to try him at midfield or keep him at attack. Definitely brings a veteran presence but if he's coming in to play attack I wonder if Kelly or our old friend Nicky Solomon would have had more sense as they have better scoring numbers. Regardless happy to have him a board and look forward to seeing what he can do here.
stay tuned.

He might have washed out for some reason. There are some strange reasons why somebody might allowed to walk away this late. Maybe a medical reason that is treatable and can be managed in a campus setting but makes him undeployable in a combat situation? Maybe he's a sleep walker (seriously, you can't have sleepwalkers in a combat environment).

Yup until we get confirmation you can't take anything as gospel over there despite the track record being fairly good at least as far as online message boards go.

Saw that rumor about G-town, would probably be the best case scenario for an SU fan, no ACC teams, no B10 teams and a team we don't play next year.
do you have next year's schedule? i'm aware it's probably been ages since they've played.

do you have next year's schedule? i'm aware it's probably been ages since they've played.

If it was a mistake for Gait to schedule the #1 team in MD, he probably won't schedule the #2 team either.

:rolleyes:

Graduating early per the article.
I'm a USMA grad (and a SU grad, too). There is no "graduating early" at the service academies (unless it's World War I or II). Cadets can leave with no obligation up until the first class of their junior (Cow) year. If Hudgins had two years of eligibility, it's because he's leaving after his sophomore (Yearling) year.

I'm a USMA grad (and a SU grad, too). There is no "graduating early" at the service academies (unless it's World War I or II). Cadets can leave with no obligation up until the first class of their junior (Cow) year. If Hudgins had two years of eligibility, it's because he's leaving after his sophomore (Yearling) year.

Per his dad he's finishing up his degree currently, that's what I meant.

Looks like he's been at WP for 4 years and played 3 seasons. Didn't play in 2022 for personal reasons.

He gets a covid year for 2020, and can count 2022 as a redshirt.

Thanks for the information.

Looks like he's been at WP for 4 years and played 3 seasons. Didn't play in 2022 for personal reasons.

He gets a covid year for 2020, and can count 2022 as a redshirt.
Yeah, I checked the roster and it lists him as a senior. I guess I was wrong. If he's released from his military obligation, then there's something else going on. I know he's a great player, but the unusual situation is, well, unusual . . ..

Does Handley have another year ?

Lol jk
I heard a rumor that he is going into the transfer portal. But nothing is official till it’s official. Lol and I believe he has two years of eligibility. But I may be wrong. Other people on this site will probably know better than I

I heard a rumor that he is going into the transfer portal. But nothing is official till it’s official. Lol and I believe he has two years of eligibility. But I may be wrong. Other people on this site will probably know better than I
handley will be at penn next year. he will have a year of eligibility after that if he wants and won't be able to use it for the quakers.

Rumor on FanLax that Syracuse picked up Cole Kirst from Lehigh in the portal. Had 26g, 8a in 2021, 18g, 12a in 2022. His major is journalism so it would make sense form an academic standpoint.

Was just catching up on the Cornell OSU game and Carc mentioned "reports are he will spend his last year of eligibility at Syracuse." 5:25 mark of the 4th Q.

He might be getting it from FanLax but he has a few connections...

Last edited:
Bummer - Cuse could have used him. Caused turnover MACHINE. Still have hope for Hudgins

I doubt Carc got his info from fanlax - he probably knows something on Kirst

Bummer - Cuse could have used him. Caused turnover MACHINE. Still have hope for Hudgins

I doubt Carc got his info from fanlax - he probably knows something on Kirst
I try and listen to them on ESPN. They do a lot of talking between the lines… last week Anish said “ if Tucker decides to stay” when he had clearly said he was up to that point..

Ya that was rumored as ND for a while. Good pick up with ND losing every starting pole save for their LSM. ND will be an interesting squad next year. Bring back a lot especially at attack but defense and middie took a hit.
Was hoping Cuse could get. Another who should have been a AA. Liked him more than Hudgins, Corrigan does a real good job with portal knowing who he wants and pursuing quickly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom