2023 Yankees Season | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Yankees Season

Is it time to play IKF at short yet?
Even if IKF was Ozzie Smith in the field, I don’t think it would be an upgrade.
AV just needs to cut down on his Ks and he’ll be a real solid player. It’s likely just an adjustment, having never faced MLB-level pitching before March.

Even if IKF was Ozzie Smith in the field, I don’t think it would be an upgrade.
AV just needs to cut down on his Ks and he’ll be a real solid player. It’s likely just an adjustment, having never faced MLB-level pitching before March.

It's obvious that AV is the foreseeable future. And you guys all see more NYY games than I do, so I'll defer to your judgment. I'll just leave it with saying a Swiss Army knife like him who can step on the field and play several positions is a decided asset, especially on a team that incurs as many injuries as NYY does. And every time I've seen IKF play, he's contributed, so I just don't get the general negativity toward him. Anyhow, we'll move on.
noidea.gif

Is it time to play IKF at short yet?
Volpe has a WRC+ of 97 (basically league average) and IKF has a 48 (which is the same WRC+ that OrangeXtreme would have if he hit for the Yankees)

So even with Volpe's high K%, he's still a no brainer at the plate over IKF

Fielding wise, you can def. make the IKF argument, but overall as a player its not close.

I still see IKF as a good utility asset, just not an everyday player because he's SOOOOOO bad at the plate

Volpe has a WRC+ of 97 (basically league average) and IKF has a 48 (which is the same WRC+ that OrangeXtreme would have if he hit for the Yankees)

So even with Volpe's high K%, he's still a no brainer at the plate over IKF

Fielding wise, you can def. make the IKF argument, but overall as a player its not close.

I still see IKF as a good utility asset, just not an everyday player because he's SOOOOOO bad at the plate

IKF hit .261 last year, playing off and on in a utility role. Volpe's currently at .215, while playing every day. What am I missing?

IKF hit .261 last year, playing off and on in a utility role. Volpe's currently at .215, while playing every day. What am I missing?
Volpe brings much needed speed on the bases and is tremendous base stealer. He walks at a much higher rate and has shown surprising pop in his bat at this stage of his career. He is also a plus defender.

IKF is solid defender at multiple positions, but is basically a singles hitter who doesn't walk much. And he certainly doesn't have the upside that Volpe brings to the table.

I think we can safely add baseball knowledge and smarts to your list of missed things.

You said you haven’t seen much Yankee baseball this year, what happened? The neighbor who’s WiFi or cable you stole move?

690 laid it out and you ignored it while quoting it.

Fantastic work there.

Last year IKF played 138 games at SS and 6 at 3B. He was an everyday player until the play-offs.

Brian Onoro is a monument to inconsistency. I don't understand how he still has a job. Oh wait, MLB kept the magnificently incompetent douchebag Joe West on for at least 20 years after his best before date ...

Anyone else see this as an odd move? Now I don’t know much of anything about either player, but pitchers seem to be a more desired commodity to me than an OF.

Hernandez last pitched in the Dominican Summer League in 2022. Had elbow surgery and will not pitch in 2023.

Allen could be starting in the OF this weekend.

Hernandez last pitched in the Dominican Summer League in 2022. Had elbow surgery and will not pitch in 2023.

Allen could be starting in the OF this weekend.
Just did a little dive into Allen. He’s not been up in the big leagues this year. A career .232 avg with a .299 OBP. Is he really that much better than any of the 7 players on the Yankees major league roster (not including the injured Stanton) that currently play the OF? Seems kind of like a pointless trade to me. Gotta make room n the 40 man for him as well.

Just did a little dive into Allen. He’s not been up in the big leagues this year. A career .232 avg with a .299 OBP. Is he really that much better than any of the 7 players on the Yankees major league roster (not including the injured Stanton) that currently play the OF? Seems kind of like a pointless trade to me. Gotta make room n the 40 man for him as well.

40 move is easy. Move Rodon to the 60 Day DL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom