2023 Yankees Season | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Yankees Season

And here's the move for Vasquez...

F0SeMHYXgBIouqt

The offense is maddening. They disappear for long stretches and then pop off for a couple of games.

Then Boone gets too cute with the lineup. Bauers is sat one day and then gets the cleanup spot the next, but pinch hit for by DJLM who has been mired in a terrible slump for a year. I get that the shine is off Bauers a bit, but he's still one of the better hitters in the lineup (low bar).
Radioed in by the nerds

Can any “true Yankee fans” explain the thought process behind booing Aaron Hicks today?
Personally I would not of booed him, but i think he quit on the Yankees.Kind of surprised at how many booed, but definitely understandable.

Personally I would not of booed him, but i think he quit on the Yankees.Kind of surprised at how many booed, but definitely understandable.
What was the evidence that he quit on the Yankees other than he did not play well?

I'm curious about Cody Bellinger and what the Cubs would be looking for. Potential LFer, young former MVP winner, FA at the end of the season. LH power threat, but a concerning downward trend in EV and hard hit %. I don't think he's getting back his MVP power stroke. He does check a lot of Cashman's boxes, though. Not sure what the Cubs would want in return, a couple of pitchers and maybe an OFer? Gleyber straight up?

I'm curious about Cody Bellinger and what the Cubs would be looking for. Potential LFer, young former MVP winner, FA at the end of the season. LH power threat, but a concerning downward trend in EV and hard hit %. I don't think he's getting back his MVP power stroke. He does check a lot of Cashman's boxes, though. Not sure what the Cubs would want in return, a couple of pitchers and maybe an OFer? Gleyber straight up?
Bellinger and Torres are pretty comparable in terms of value right now. I think you’re just shifting the hole from LF to 2B with that trade, unless you are confident LeMahieu will a better than average offensive performer again.

What was the evidence that he quit on the Yankees other than he did not play well?
Did you watch him this series? Never have I seen him run that hard to first on a routine grounder.
Did you watch him last year after dropping pop fly and he just stood there with no urgency to pick the ball up?I just think he had enough of NY and his body language showed it to me.
I will say I like Hicks and wish him the best and he was a stand up guy, but I’m glad he has moved on.

Did you watch him this series? Never have I seen him run that hard to first on a routine grounder.
Did you watch him last year after dropping pop fly and he just stood there with no urgency to pick the ball up?I just think he had enough of NY and his body language showed it to me.
I will say I like Hicks and wish him the best and he was a stand up guy, but I’m glad he has moved on.
He is a quitter, but also a stand up guy?

You said he quit on his team.
Yes, he was mentally spent in my opinion.
Mental health is real and just because I think he quit doesn’t make him a bad person.I said I would not of booed him, but I understand why people have at the stadium this series.

Bellinger and Torres are pretty comparable in terms of value right now. I think you’re just shifting the hole from LF to 2B with that trade, unless you are confident LeMahieu will a better than average offensive performer again.
The Yankees have a plethora of young infielders. I don't think they're re-signing Torres (disregard, he's a FA next season), so he either leaves with nothing in return later, or they move him now. But I'm not sure they have a high opinion of Peraza anymore ... hard to know.

Hard to do much to address holes in a team full of expensive underperforming/injured veterans. Dominguez could be moved, but for whom? They just bumped Pereira up to AAA. The rest is a pile of MIRP arms.

The Yankees have a plethora of young infielders. I don't think they're re-signing Torres (disregard, he's a FA next season), so he either leaves with nothing in return later, or they move him now. But I'm not sure they have a high opinion of Peraza anymore ... hard to know.

Hard to do much to address holes in a team full of expensive underperforming/injured veterans. Dominguez could be moved, but for whom? They just bumped Pereira up to AAA. The rest is a pile of MIRP arms.
Peraza is hurt last I heard but was working at 3rd Base (Donaldson replacement, unless they are figuring IKF there).

Bellinger would be the second coming of Joey Gallo. Strikes out a lot. Hits dingers once in awhile. Will hit about 200. No thank you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom